TITLE: Graphic Designer for print and web
CATEGORY: Hourly and Contract positions available
REPORTS TO: Production and Quality Assurance Manager
Under the direction of the Production and Quality Assurance Manager and as an integral member of a team, a graphic designer is primarily responsible for the production of newsletters, websites, and other communication materials (paper and electronic) associated with client programs. A graphic designer will work from home in coordination with other Elevate team members.
Education and Experience:
Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop) experience required. WordPress and HTML/CSS experience are beneficial. Mac proficiency required; cross-platform fluency helpful. Bachelor’s degree and prior editing/production experience required.
Job Duties and Requirements:
The graphic designer must acquire a working knowledge of client base and company products, and maintain accuracy on a consistent basis. The successful candidate should be self-directed and able to work independently and collaboratively, as projects require, and is expected to maintain a positive and productive professional attitude.
I. Graphic Design:
1. Maintain consistent client brand/messaging/content on an ongoing basis.
2. Produce or facilitate all client communications as assigned, including but not limited to newsletters, flyers, donor lists (Honor rolls), postcards,
brochures, membership directories, electronic communications, websites, and social media.
3. Develop new promotional material as needed: e.g., Homecoming, reunions, honor rolls, and other events.
4. Update/rebrand promotional material as appropriate.
5. Ensure brand/messaging/content consistency and accuracy for all work produced on an ongoing basis.
6. Edit, crop, and enhance photographs for print materials.
II. Web Production:
1. Design, edit, and update client websites in accordance with Elevates proprietary web product using WordPress.
2. Work on other websites as directed and needed.
3. Edit, crop, and enhance photographs for web production.
4. Create, maintain, and edit Elevate website content as needed.
1. Provide project management for tasks in the process. This includes being aware of the client's history and comments posted in the client's account.
2. Send proofs of materials produced to clients for approval.
3. Contact clients in a timely fashion to follow up on proofs, drafts, etc., via phone and/or e-mail as appropriate.
4. Contact clients to resolve problems with consistency/accuracy within the copy.
5. Make arrangements with vendors and Elevate colleagues for timely distribution of client communications.
6. Order data exports for labels, honor rolls, lost lists, etc., from records for mailings and/or websites as needed.
7. Log jobs and fill out mail processing orders detailing components, mailing class, distribution, and processing requirements as appropriate.
8. Maintain, copy, and store production materials on the production computer and on the server(s) using established protocols and naming conventions.
9. Maintain comprehensive billing records for all assigned projects.
10. Submit billing in a timely manner.
11. Assist the Director of Operations on an ongoing basis as needed.
12. Assist other employees on an ongoing basis as needed.
13. Using knowledge acquired, evaluate existing client production processes and make any recommendations for improvement and resource utilization.
14. Participate in company meetings and on company committees as needed to analyze/improve operations.