Do you want to be a part of creating ecological uplift on an impactful scale? Biohabitats Construction is seeking an ecological restoration Construction Project Team Leader to join our self-perform construction team located in the Cascadia Bioregion (Portland, OR). We build complex and challenging stream, river, estuary and upland restoration projects in the Pacific Northwest.
A successful Biohabitats Construction Project Team Leader (CPTL) is knowledgeable in both ecological restoration principles and design, as well as on site construction management. Biohabitats’ mission to Restore the Earth and Inspire Ecological Stewardship underpins not only our project approach, but our team composition, as well, and we’re looking for a team member with experience in?habitat restoration, fish salvage and conservation, large woody debris installation, river and stream restoration, invasive species control and revegetation, resource and land management, and a variety of other ecological restoration projects.
We provide outstanding benefits. Click on ‘Learn about our benefits’ on our Careers page to find out more.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support each phase of construction, including but not limited to business development activities and proposals, preconstruction and project buy-out and set-up, design and constructability reviews, project management, client communication, and on-site and personnel coordination and training.
- Identify and participate in business development opportunities such as attending pre-bid walks, assisting with cost estimation and proposal development, and facilitating partnerships.
- Review and provide input on project design, project plans, and permit compliance. Monitor and perform quality control throughout project lifecycle to ensure construction is in compliance with project design and permits.
- Perform all duties necessary to manage the successful completion of construction projects. This includes but is not limited to safety management, preparing specific project action plans, material sourcing and procurement, project submittals and documentation, project RFIs, scheduling and schedule updates.
- Oversee and manage restoration project budgets, change orders, time and material tracking, project invoicing and progress reports.
- Coordinate all site logistics, including safety, equipment, materials, subcontractor involvement, and labor and tool balance.
- Maintain and nurture client, agency, subcontractor, and field crew relationships.
- Lead with Biohabitats mission and values in both internal and external team member, partner, and client interactions.
- Experience as a construction project manager or superintendent.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and terrain.
- Be capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Excellent self, time, and administrative project management.
- Competency in safety, conflict and crisis management.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Oregon and Washington required by project schedules and locations.
- Experience in water resource construction, habitat restoration, and/or environmentally sensitive areas.
- Experience with natural area revegetation and invasive species control.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment capabilities and experience operating light and heavy equipment, power hand tools, and towing loads.
- Previous experience in natural resource management.
- Proficiency in Spanish
- OSHA 30
- Erosion and Sediment Control Responsible Person Certification
Applicable degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Natural Resource Sciences, Ecological Restoration or related field; or commensurate experience.
Years of Experience
$90,000 - $105,000 Commensurate with Experience
Provide 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume in .PDFs not to exceed 5MB. Applications without these components will not be considered.
Biohabitats is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a purpose-driven, performance oriented, and values led organization. As an EEO Employer, Biohabitats encourages all experience levels to apply to our job postings. We are a certified B-Corp™, meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. To ensure that you will thrive at Biohabitats, we highly encourage you to review our Mission, Values, and Approach before applying.
Biohabitats is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled