The Administrative Coordinator will work with the board of the Maryland Association for Adult, Community and Continuing Education (MAACCE) to provide administrative support to the MAACCE board and its activities including the annual conference.
- Provide administrative support to MAACCE president.
- Provide administrative support to MAACCE board members, as directed by MAACCE president.
- Attend all MAACCE board meetings and provide the board with an update on all activities undertaken within the scope of this agreement, including, but not limited to, membership and conference registration.
- Handle print requests.
- Ship materials.
- Prepare correspondence.
- Pick-up and distribute mail from MAACCE’s Post Office Box.
- Assist with website and social media updates.
- Maintain an online board calendar.
- Maintain an online repository of MAACCE documents.
Manage MAACCE email account
- Monitor incoming emails.
- Respond to routine emails in a timely fashion.
- Escalate non-routine emails to MAACCE president.
- Process both hardcopy and online membership registrations.
- Confirm payment received.
- Process payments, both check, and PayPal.
- Enter membership information into the database.
- Prepare and mail membership card.
- Process member and non-member conference registrations.
- Process payment of conference registrations.
- Send registration confirmations.
- Communicate with program staff of member organizations.
- Process vendor and sponsor payments.
- Update the president on task completion for the annual conference.
- Communicate with vendors.
- Communicate with the conference site.
- Provide hands-on set-up of the conference.
- Print attendee nametags.
- Set up a system for the distribution of conference folders, name tags, lunch tickets, ribbons, etc.
- Be on-site at the conference in its entirety including part of the day prior to the conference.
- Staff registration table throughout the conference.
- Process onsite conference registrations, including payment.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise, escalating as needed to MAACCE president.
- Assist with clean-up of the conference site.
- Other duties as assigned by MAACCE president.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative support position required.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual office environment without daily interaction with supervisor required.
- Ability to create professional documents and emails required.
- Task-oriented, attention-to-detail, and ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support a team strongly preferred.
- Experience with conference or event planning strongly preferred.
- Experience with onsite support for fast-paced environments or events strongly preferred.
- Familiarity or experience with adult education field or nonprofit environment preferred.
- Preferred experience with Google Docs, MailChimp, SalesForce, PayPal, and all Microsoft Office products.
- This is a telecommuting position; must have the workspace with functioning PC, Microsoft Office suite, and phone.
- Additional hours are required in the weeks leading up to the annual conference. Must be onsite for the duration of the two-day conference including the afternoon/evening before the conference begins.
- AA degree or equivalent experience.
This job will be open until filled, but for best consideration, apply by November 18, 2018.
Strong City Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Strong City Baltimore Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled