Overview of Position:
Strong City Baltimore is seeking a Center Operator for nonprofit, program and building management work in Baltimore City. This is a contracted 8 hours per week exempt position with the possibility of increasing hours (with some evenings required). The Center Operator will oversee Saturday programming (10:00 AM - 6:00 PM), building operations, and manage Saturday space rentals at the 29th Street Community Center.
There will be opportunities to fill in for staff and to work shift differential hours at a higher pay rate. Potential times that the candidate could work include:
- Weeknights (Monday - Thursday 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Sundays afternoons and evenings (12:00 PM- 6:00 PM)
- Weekend evenings (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 6:00 PM-12:00 AM)
Off-Site Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Staff the Center and ensure programs and rentals take place in an orderly fashion;
- Support space rental by answering inquiries; helping participants fill out paperwork; taking money, keeping clear documentation of schedules, receipts, and calendars; helping renters set up the rooms including moving tables and chairs; maintain the rental schedule to ensure people are out on time; ensure renters follow center rules while in the space and clean up after their functions;
- Answer phones, field questions, help callers understand the registration process with individual providers, provide directions and information regarding the Center;
- Work with program providers to set up rooms for programs, including moving tables and chairs;
- Ensure proper documentation, including registration forms and sign-in sheets, are shared with the 29th Street Community Center Program Manager on a weekly basis;
- Communicate facilities issues and material shortages with Program Manager in a timely fashion;
- Conduct copying and filing;
- Participate in Center meetings for evaluations and improvement;
- Other duties as required by the program or requested by the Program Director.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Must pass a background check
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Leadership skills as exhibited through an ability to work independently and in team settings
- Experience with event planning
- Experience working with a diverse group of people
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral – including excellent phone skills
- Ability to lift 40 pounds or more
- Must be able to work on Saturdays
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date is Tuesday, November 27th. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Strong City Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Strong City Baltimore Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled