Consistent with the Christian Mission and Vision of the YMCA of Greater Spartanburg, and in cooperation with our other YMCA branch staff, the Beast Mode Coach will help train athletes of all levels in our Beast Mode Program in a safe, exciting and encouraging manner.
- Lead classes through dynamic warm-ups, mobility exercises, muscle recruitment/activation movements, skill work, Olympic lifting, powerlifting and metabolic conditioning.
- Coach athletes through various progressions to achieve desired outcome.
- Scale, modify or change workouts to meet individual athlete needs or limitations.
- Is prepared to teach the assigned class by establishing and announcing the class format and design. All equipment and music is appropriate for the class.
- Keeps classes fresh by incorporating new music, being interactive with members and bringing new ideas to the class.
- Responsible for leaving the room in a clean and orderly condition, ensuring that all equipment is clean and returned to appropriate storage areas.
- Works cooperatively with supervisor and fellow instructors as part of a fitness team and demonstrates a team spirit by substituting for other instructors when available.
- Acts as an ambassador for the YMCA, connecting members by learning their names.
Education, Essential Skills & Experience
Â· Must have current CrossFit Level 1 Certification or higher.
- Must be proficient with exercises typically taught in this format and able to instruct to all ability levels with proper modifications.
- Must hold a current CPR/AED, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention and BBP certification within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent member service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology, & physiology.
- Additional beneficial certifications including CPT, CSCS or USA-W â€“ Preferred
YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled