Summary / Purpose of Position: Oversee health care for assigned children regarding physical and mental health and implement/maintain medications as prescribed and all associated documentation. Transport/accompany children to assigned appointments and visits. Assist Program Manager and Care Coordinator with case planning, supporting plans, individual service activities and required documentation. Assist Program Manager and Care Coordinator in working well with partner agencies to provide the best care for children served. Assist House Parents in managing health needs and communicating all information as needed with house parents and direct care to ensure stability and success of youth. Keep client records in accordance with agency and licensing standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule, maintain a calendar, transport, and document care for Physical and Mental Health such as physicals, sick visits, dentist, vision, mental health.
- Coordinate medications and prescriptions with providers and pharmacy. Ensure proper delivery and documentation/communication with cottage staff.
- Document each appointment in Kaleidacare, communicating what happened at each visit to house parents, case managers, teachers, therapists, etc., including any follow-up recommendations or orders to ensure proper care is given.
- Maintain Monthly Medication Administration Records and associated documents in the assigned cases/cottages and oversee medication needs for each cottage, including Over the Counter and Prescription
Communicate all changes in care concerning medical, mental, and medication to Youth Mentors and Case/Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Gather information concerning a child before each appointment such as signed medical documents, important information from house parents or case managers concerning the child, reading daily observation notes or incident reports in Kaleidacare. Provide information to appropriate providers as needed for services.
- Faxing medical scripts and communicating with the Pharmacy to see when the medication will arrive, ordering new medications as needed, transporting medications to and from the cottage, documenting each medication transfer.
Screen MARs monthly before arriving, faxing edits needed to pharmacy and end of the month audit on all MARs, medications check for accuracy and document errors, verify medical incident reports.
- Perform audits on Medical Documentation and Medications.
- Follow procedure and input documentation appropriately for case note, incident reports, safety plans, progress summaries, discharge summaries, level of care assessments, and other required documents.
- Create and maintain all Health Care and Education Passports.
- Work with Program Manager and Care Coordinator to follow and assist in developing a plan for a comprehensive plan of care.
- Assist with Intake and Discharge Procedures for Residents concerning health care including creating all charts and communicating with all providers and pharmacy
- Coordinate all services provided by Pharmacy (Senior Care).
- Monitor and provide feedback to case/program manager to aid in adjustment, well-being, and progress of assigned children.
- Complete all forms related to health and wellbeing of youth as needed.
- Participate effectively in staffings/meetings concerning children.
- Meet all required deadlines for work and documentation.
- Pass all background checks required by DSS and other entities for child care.
- Pass a Motor Vehicle Record and qualify for insurance to transport youth as required by DSS and Miracle Hill policy.
- Education or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or a High School Diploma or GED with w / 2 years working with children and families in a similar environment or social service atmosphere.
- Specialized training required: CPR/First Aid, TCI. Successfully complete these and all training as required by the state, accreditation and Miracle Hill. Provided by Miracle Hill upon hire if not current.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel, good typing skills, Web-Based Data Management Systems
- Be able to document in professional, well written, and grammatically correct methods.
- Ability to deal appropriately with highly stressful situations and persons who may be stressed. Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in interpreting and applying various procedures and guidelines.
- Participate and work well in a fast-paced environment as a member of a professional team to plan and implement services for clients with a high level of accountability.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology, great communication skills, and be flexible when sudden medical needs arise, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and reliable.
- Have a willingness to share the good news of Jesus Christ, give a personal testimony and pray with/for those served by the ministry.
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.