Summary of Responsibilities
Assist in all kitchen operations ensuring the
restaurant and company standards of quality and service are met. Assist in
preparing quality products through consistent execution of all prep lists for
the cooking process and according to company standards. Maintain a safe and
clean kitchen area.
· Prepare all prep lists according to recipe
requirements and adhere to product sensitivity.
· Ensures that all prepared food meets the
standard of excellence of ABEA.
· Control & promote kitchen cleanliness by
constantly “working clean”.
· Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the
risk of injury and accidents by maintaining an orderly work station. Notify
manager promptly of any problems.
· Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels
of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
· Complete assigned work for stocking and setting
up work station.
· Clean and sanitize on a routine basis.
· Ensure proper rotation of all products and stock
products to determined pars. Label & date all perishable items to ensure
freshness standards are met.
· Keep immediate supervisor promptly and full
informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance. Take prompt
corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative course of action
which may be taken.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in a
timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to
achieve the overall objectives of the position.
· Keep manager & supervisors promptly and
fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance
and positive events) and take prompt corrective action where necessary or
suggests alternative courses of action.
· Help create a positive working environment with
positive actions. Discusses production priorities with manager and line cooks.
· Perform all position responsibilities and
performance objectives in a timely and effective manner in accordance with
established company policies and procedures.
· Maintain a favorable working relationship with
all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere,
which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and
· Set up station and locate necessary utensils and
equipment for food preparation.
· Keep updated on recipe changes & produces
assigned items exactly according to recipes.
· Prepare items with the necessary measuring
devices and scales to control food costs.
· Lift and carry up to 70 lbs. Up to 20 times a
· Frequent bending and stooping.
· Work frequently in a hot and damp environment.
· Use of hands required 100% of time.
· Stand, move, & walk all of 6-8 hour shift.
· Must be able to hear other personnel request in
the midst of loud background noise.
· Must be able to read, organize and execute all
· Must be able to pass any safety & sanitation
validation &/or testing.
· Ability to maintain calm demeanor in a fast
paced, high intensity environment.
· Wear proper dress code attire.