The Usher cleans and maintains the exterior and interior areas of the theatre including the auditoriums, bathrooms, hallways, and lobbies. Also controls access to the theatre and the auditoriums, and assists the guests throughout their visit by providing direction and answering questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, movie knowledge, and all other components of Guest Service
- Knowledge of all ticket types, prices, discount and promotions.
- Controls access to the theatre at the ticket drop box by greeting guests, reading and scanning tickets, tearing tickets, swapping tickets, directing guests to correct auditoriums, and storing theatre side of ripped ticket
- Enforce the movie rating system to keep underage guests from gaining access to auditoriums that are showing films that are restricted to adult audiences
- Handles crowd control and assists with seating guests when needed
- Conducts auditorium checks as needed or a minimum of 2 times per showing
- Conducts restroom checks as needed or a minimum of once per hour
- Conducts hallway and lobby checks as needed or a minimum of once per hour
- Maintains appropriate temperature control
- Monitors picture, sound, advertisements, etc in each auditorium
- Removes all trash from trash cans and deposits into outside dumpster
- Changes poster cases as needed
- Performs exit greetings as guests exit their movies
- Completely and efficiently cleans all auditoriums at the end of each movie
- Assists with securing the building at closing
- Performs daily usher maintenance duties
- Adheres to proper phone usage and etiquette.
- Reports to management unusual situations that arise within the theatre
- Knowledge of all emergency, evacuation, robbery, and additional safety procedures.
- Ensures all auditorium and hallway doors are LOCKED AT ALL TIMES
- Completes various reports as needed.
- Answers all guest questions accurately and courteously or quickly direct them to the appropriate resource.
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge and compliance of OC dress code.
- Maintains regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- SMILE, GREET, AND THANK EACH PATRON
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Excellent guest service skills
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, bending, reaching, and handling trash on a frequent basis
- Quickly walking up and down stairs and move between seats and rows of seats
- Ability to present a calm demeanor that deters people from engaging in disruptive conduct, while encouraging positive interaction with guests
- Ability to read small font on small ticket paper
- Good verbal communication skills-in person and over the phone
- Works effectively and efficiently in high volume setting
- Follow instructions
- Effectively works with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Meets deadlines
- Can lift up to 50 lbs and move product 90 feet on a regular basis
- Uses safety practices when using chemicals and cleaning materials
- Working knowledge of theatre policies and procedures