Abita Brewing Company is seeking a Sales Account Manager for the Carolina markets. This position can be based out of Charlotte, North Carolina or Columbia, South Carolina with the working territory being both states. We are currently looking for an outgoing, energetic, craft beer enthusiast to join our team. Abita’s Account Manager is an account-level sales person focused on growing the business within specified accounts. The primary responsibilities of the Sales Account Manager are to develop the market and build a relationship with the distributors.
Market Development & Account Development:
- Acts as the face of the brewery in the market charged with “spreading the ABC love” by sharing ABC’s story and business role model philosophy.
- Manages the growth and development of ABC brands in a defined geography of key accounts while ensuring that ABC’s brand integrity is never compromised.
- Builds strong partnerships with all top accounts on and off-premise and establishes a win/win approach to growing the retailers business.
- Performs regular business reviews with the top 10 on-premise accounts.
- Ensures that ABC is growing share over top craft competitors in accounts by ensuring that ABC’s market brand standards are in place in at least 90% of the top accounts. This means making ABC the #1 craft beer (at least during ABC focus periods) in terms of distribution, displays & features, and POS impact and amount of retail ad support.
- Responsible for operating within budget parameters.
- Works to identify and execute local promotions, events, and donation opportunities.
- Know pricing, programming, and trends of ABC products plus general knowledge of what the top five craft and import beer competitors in the market are doing.
- Enters accurate, relevant account data into Sales Force.
- Average weeks should include 50 current account visits or account prospects.
- Serves as Abita Brewing Company’s contact person on a daily level for all or part of a distributorship or group of distributors in an area.
- Builds true partnerships at distributorship by adding more value than competitors through individual contributions as well as the use of sales systems, brand knowledge, brand support tools, and a generally good-nature way of doing business that is uniquely Abita Brewing Company. Should become recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps. And if it isn’t fun, it isn’t right.
- Prepares and conducts sales presentations several times a year for distributor sales force or sales team presenting new products, ABC programs, incentives, new sale tools, brand and quality standards, etc.
- Coordinates distributor beer and POS inventories, billing and credits, all ABC communication needs, and updates ABC distributor profiles.
- Helps keep distributor spending under budget.
- Updates distributor market profile annually.
- Works with key sales people and key distributor managers a minimum of once a week.
2-3 years as a rising star in some type of sales, management or customer relations job. Must have a high aptitude for learning, be a self-starter, be a great people connector and must love, love, love good beer. Experience or understanding of distributor workings and key account contacts are always a plus. Requires basic computer competence in word, excel, and e-mail. Must be eager to learn, to grow, to manage chaos and to create fun. And then want to do it all over again in a way that people will remember.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled