Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Full time, Permanent
Toronto, Ontario (240 McCaul Street)
Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
We are looking for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our team in Toronto.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting a variety of internal and external communications. This new role works collaboratively with various teams throughout RMHC Toronto, including Development, Volunteer Resources and Family Services.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator works to create engaging and dynamic content about our programs and services for a wide range of audiences. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will liaise cross-functionally with other departments to leverage key learnings and insights to take marketing and communications initiatives to the next level.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating engaging and relevant content to attract new audiences and engage existing audiences. They are a strategic and creative self-starter who sees opportunity everywhere, have an eye for detail, and is up to date on the latest trends in the digital and content landscape.
Social Media & Digital Marketing
- Work with the team to plan and execute digital marketing campaigns, including email, social media, and digital advertising with the goal of raising brand awareness, increasing fundraising revenue, and stewarding donors and other stakeholders
- Manage social media presence and communication for the organization, including content development, posting, and monitoring audience/stakeholder engagement
- Develop content for our online audiences; ideating, designing, and editing videos, images, and other engaging materials
- Develop strategies and content to raise the profile of RMHC Toronto and our mission
- Coordinate search engine marketing and digital advertising activities
- Track and report on our digital performance across all platforms, including the identification of any trends or opportunities
- Support the implementation of all digital fundraising and stewardship campaigns
Internal & External Communications
- Oversee, monitor, and revise website content to ensure it is up to date and accurate, ensuring content follows digital best practices, including SEO optimization, accessibility, etc.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure pieces are delivered on time and on budget; reconcile related invoices
- Manage subscriptions, media lists, and seek out speaking opportunities
- Provide writing and copyediting support for other departmental initiatives including direct marketing efforts and event collateral
- Update and coordinate the printing activity for a variety of promotional materials and organizational documents (e.g. brochures, fact sheets, merchandise, donor lists, etc.)
- Support the development and deployment of various communications materials, including the welcome series and internal newsletters
- Support the creation of event-specific materials, including microsites, event signage, speaking notes and assist with the coordination of promotional materials, and audio-visual needs for events as needed
- Additional duties as required
Education & Experience
- Post-Secondary, with a focus on Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Business Administration
- Minimum of one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience executing digital campaigns of varying sizes in a non-profit space
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and WordPress
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to gather information and materials from relevant stakeholders to accomplish creative tasks with quality and timeliness
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Creative and able to express new and fresh ideas
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and families
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Flexibility to work evening/weekends and travel as required
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects) is considered an asset
We want to hear from you! Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if RMHC Toronto is right for you? We offer:
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Opportunity to participate in RRSP
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community.
Interested in being a part of the RMHC Toronto team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, click apply now
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position