Whittier Trust and the Whittier Trust Company of Nevada, Inc. is the oldest and largest privately owned multi-family office headquartered on the West Coast. Providing exceptional client service and highly customized investment solutions for high net worth individuals and their families to help them reach their long-term goals is our only mission.
Our staff of 175 dedicated professionals works with 415 clients and their families to deliver a broad array of services including investment management and consulting, fiduciary, philanthropic and family office. Our founding family’s century-long history of energy and real estate investing continue to guide our activities for clients today. Entrusted with $13 billion of private family assets, our teams employ a consulting approach to tailor solutions for complex family situations.
Whittier Trust is comprised of experienced, successful industry professionals who enjoy working in a culture that is client-focused, performance and accountability drove, family-oriented and supportive of the long term career satisfaction of its employees. We are proud of our firm’s long history and time-proven client service model. We are committed to our employees and their families by delivering an exceptional compensation platform. This includes a competitive base salary, performance bonus, and great benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability and a generous 401(k) plan.
Whittier Trust seeks candidates who are very experienced professionals looking for a position with a top tier wealth management firm that caters to high net worth individuals and families. Our Client Advisory Associates support Senior Client Advisors with account management and business development responsibilities on personal trust and investment management accounts. In this role, it is critical to meet the needs of clients, trust beneficiaries and their advisors, co‐fiduciaries and internal department personnel.
- Direct the Trust Operations Department regarding daily account transactions such as wire and cash transfers, ACH disbursements, bill paying, fund redemptions and purchases, and the opening and closing of accounts.
- Monitor transactions for completion and accuracy.
- Coordinate investment transactions with the Investment Department including but not limited to monitoring cash balances on a daily basis for purchases, transferring sales proceeds to money market accounts and following up on client’s requests for purchases, sales or gifting.
- Coordinate the transfer of incoming assets to new or existing accounts, as well as the transfer of outgoing assets for terminating accounts.
- Prepare correspondence, Excel spreadsheets (i.e., miscellaneous reports for client budget worksheets, income projections and gifting schedules), assist with the production of PowerPoint presentations, mass mailings and marketing materials.
- Calculate unitrust, total return, and other payments to trust beneficiaries.
- Coordinate tax-related payment information with the Tax Department and client-directed outside professionals.
- Provide information to Client Advisors for annual account reviews.
- Organize with Client Advisors to maintain client, beneficiary and advisor information in client files and account records on database management and trust accounting systems.
- Assist with contact management input, sales, expense, and other internal reports.
- Perform special projects and additional tasks as assigned.
- Understanding of trust accounting and/or estate planning concepts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Superior skills and experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to manage and prioritize multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- General office administration and clerical experience.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Aptitude to understand and perform basic mathematical calculations such as fee calculations, and other percentage-based calculations.
- Ability to learn new processes and programs and desire to grow with the company.
- CTFA or CFP preferred but not required
- Strong people skills.
- Fanatical client service focus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- High integrity with a diligent work ethic.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
Commensurate with experience.