Career Services Coordinator
National Society of Black Engineers is currently seeking an experienced Career Services Coordinator to join their team in Alexandria, VA.
The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1975. With more than 15,000 members worldwide, NSBE is one of the largest student-governed organizations based in the United States. NSBE’s mission is "to increase the number of culturally responsible Black Engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community." The organization is dedicated to the academic and professional success of black engineering students and professionals. Our programs advance the mission of the organization and support the preparation of underrepresented pre-college and collegiate students on to engineering degrees and into the engineering and technical workforce. Through year-round programming at the chapter, regional and national level, our members have vast opportunities for personal and professional growth, community service and recognition of their academic and technical success.
The Programs Coordinator, Career Services position will provide specialized career advising and outreach to help scholars within the Northrop Grumman-NSBE Integrated Pipeline Program explore STEM careers, assess their skills and interests, and engage in high impact practices such as internships/co-ops and other initiatives to help them achieve their academic and career goals. This position will provide outreach to various NSBE populations, and work cross-functionally to strengthen the career success programmatic program portfolio at NSBE.
Career Counseling/Development: 50%
- Work with Northrop-NSBE Scholars on an individual basis to provide career counseling, information on internships and career options, and assist with employment/graduate school searches
- Interpret career assessments for individuals and groups, and promote the use of career assessments
- Provide tailored career advising for those in specific sponsored programs
- Serve as the office contact for students in Corporate sponsored programs who have unique needs as presented in the contractual agreement
- Curate original career development content and webinars for NGIP program (2 per month)
- Represent the Career Services Office in the coordination of the Mentorship program to assist with mentoring and outreach related to career development and job search issues
- Develop the Convention Career Guide for the Annual Convention
- Conduct presentations and outreach to increase awareness of the Career Center and provide information addressing student needs (e.g. National Leadership Conference, Regional Leadership Conferences, Fall Regional Conferences, Annual Convention, virtual presentations to chapters, etc.)
- Collaborate with other departments/units regarding academic and career planning (e.g. development of modules or other resources for NSBE Jr., NSBE Professionals)
- Work with the Manager, Collegiate Programs to expand the awareness and availability of internship possibilities for students
- Develop strategies to help students effectively market their skills and experiences to employers
Technology/Web Support: 10%
- Use technology and social media as a means to engage and inform scholars, including enhancing career resources on NGIP NSBE microsite and LinkedIn
- Vet companies and match job opportunities to scholars
- Utilize and promote various online resources including the WebEx, NSBE Connect, and the Aptify Learning Management System
- Develop publications and creative marketing strategies to promote resources and unite scholar cohort
- Conduct assessment to monitor progress towards objectives outlined in sponsored programs contracts
- Compile all program artifacts and keep up to date scholar records
- Attend staff meetings and retreats
- Participate in professional development activities within NSBE, and other professional organizations
- Serve as a representative of Career Services within NGIP Program and to external partners
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Collegiate & Professional Programs
Education and Experience:
· B.S. or B.A. from four-year college or university (Background in science, engineering, education, communications or business a plus); or two years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous experience in working with academic institutions or students is a plus.
· Experience in development, scholarship, implementation and evaluation of academics is also a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
· Must possess reasonable oral and written communication skills, and organization skills.
· Word processing and database skills required.
· Exemplary customer service skills for interaction with NSBE members and corporate partners.
· Must have ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment under minimal supervision.
· Must have the ability to take initiative to solve problems and be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
· Must have some experience with short-term strategic planning and goal setting.
· Typing at least 45wpm.
· Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Spreadsheet software, Database software, and Content Management systems, and Power Point.
· Creative and critical thinking skills are desired.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button.
Equal Opportunity Employer