Job Title: Label Operator
Location: Main Location
Reports To: Bottle Line Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Bottle Line Labeler Operator performs all tasks involved in
ensuring the labels are adhered to the product according to established company
standards. This position will follow
standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as
efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited
- Operates Labeler Machine; ensures the correct labels
and caps are received from the warehouse to ensure that there are all the
correct labels needed to run the daily schedule.
- Responsible for the placement of the label on
the bottles; follow SOP for label application.
- Responsible for the proper glue application;
follow SOP for glue application.
- Observe machine operations for defects or
machine malfunctions; troubleshoot labeler and bottle inkjet coders.
- Responsible for returning dry materials to the
- Assist with changeovers as needed
- Maintains cleanliness of work area, around
perimeter of machine and Pasteurizer discharge (cleans up any product and/or
container spills; disposes of trash).
- Cross train with the Filler Operator and Packing
Line Operator to fill in when needed.
The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without
- Flexible to work a rotating schedules as
business needs arise (typical work week = 40 hours).
- Position requires standing for long periods of
time (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and
materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body
and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders.
- Very high noise levels in/around bottling line
(ear protection required).
- Exposure to various temperature changes.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective
Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
Supervision of Others
This position does not require
any management responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety
policies and procedures.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when
there is a problem.
- Love, appreciation and knowledge of beer,
including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled