Position Reports to: Service Manager
Summary of Position:
This entry level yard maintenance position is responsible for keeping the grounds maintained, machinery and other equipment detailed, and assisting in other maintenance and janitorial duties. Accountable for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the siteâ€™s business goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Load and unload trucks (deliveries of new equipment and palletized items, store transfers, dealer transfers
- Check over new incoming equipment while unloading and confirm serial numbers, manuals, and keys.
- Assist customers with loading and unloading of equipment for service.
- Dump scrap metal, and trashcans
- Make sure dumpsters are not overfilled, Discarding of pallets
- Assist technicians with moving non-functioning equipment from service line to bay.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Operate grounds-keeping power equipment and maintains outside grounds (removes snow, ice, and debris, sprays and removes weeds, sweeps, fixes potholes and other maintenance duties.
- Put up all forklifts and shop owned equipment nightly.
- Keep tires aired up on used equipment, and equipment on the line and sales lot.
- Occasional maintenance of company owned equipment (forklifts, mowers, snow equipment).
- Drive company vehicles, as required.
- Washing and detailing equipment as needed at the wash bay.
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces as required.
- Locks or unlocks doors, turns lights on/off, generally patrols grounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. *
*Under the American with Disabilities Act, an employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation, as well as possess the skills, experience, education and other job-related requirements necessary for the position. If an employee has a disability, the company will engage in an interactive discussion with the employee to determine if reasonable accommodation that does not create an undue hardship for the company is available. *
- Experience in building and property maintenance.
- Experience operating heavy equipment and machinery.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to perform small repairs and light construction.
- Ability to pinpoint problems and create solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A self-starter with time management and project management skills.
- Must be dependable, reliable; possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Possess valid driverâ€™s license.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Local travel will be required
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to remain standing for long periods and to bending, twist, push, pull and carry equipment and supplies
- Regularly required to walk, climb, grasp, and reach.
- Safety equipment will be required (For example, steel-toed safety boots, safety Glasses, gloves, cold weather and wet weather gear)
Required Education and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a degree of independence.
- General knowledge and ability to operate lawn and garden equipment.
- Forklift training and experience a plus. Candidates must provide proof of previous training or receive training from Westchester Tractor before operating a forklift.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 lbs.
- This is a full- time position and the expected hours are 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Must be able to work Saturday as needed. May be required to work overtime, as needed.
- Compensation will be based on experience.