POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Tennis Director, provides maintenance of indoor and outdoor tennis courts and surrounding area. Performs general repair, maintenance and janitorial duties and operates light maintenance machinery.
OUR CULTURE: Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides excellent service and maintains positive relations to members, guests, program participants, and co-workers in the YMCA.
- Ensures that all safety and risk management standards are adhered to.
- Reports unusual conditions and/or foreseeable problems to management.
- Develops ability to work without constant direct supervision.
- Maintains a positive attitude and contributes toward a quality work environment.
- Reports to work on time.
- Wears appropriate staff attire.
- Exemplifies YMCA character values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Parks in staff designated parking.
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of all indoor and outdoor tennis courts, including but not limited to: sweeping, lining, debris removal, pressure washing, and painting.
- Notifies Tennis Director and Member Service Desk daily of court conditions.
- Prepares the tennis courts for daily play.
- Inspects all racquet sports areas daily.
- Repairs and maintains fences, sprinklers, tennis nets and windscreens as needed.
- Records all work completed in log book.
- Assists in all areas of the YMCA operation as requested by management.
- Communication & Influence
- Developing Self & Others
- Program/Project Management
YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled