Biohabitats, a leading conservation planning, ecological restoration, regenerative design, and construction firm is seeking a Junior Integrated Water Resources Engineer to join our mission-driven, western team, working from one of offices in Santa Fe, Denver, or Portland. With Bioregional offices nationwide, Biohabitats works throughout the country and internationally with public, private, and non-profit organizations to restore the earth and inspire ecological stewardship.
Applicants must not only be motivated and technically skilled, but also passionate about the environment and sincerely interested in integrating ecology and design. Projects will vary in type and scale but generally will focus on integrated water strategies for public, private, and institutions throughout the country. Project types may include master plans, water balance modeling, rainwater and greywater harvesting and reuse, wastewater treatment, particularly using constructed wetlands, and related aspects of high performance and sustainable design projects.
The Integrated Water Resources Engineer will be responsible for design support and AutoCAD Drafting and preparation of construction documents (primary role), as well as assisting with specifications, and construction administration of projects involving integrated water strategies. Specific responsibilities include preparing design and construction documents (plans, specifications, and cost estimates) and assisting with construction administration services (field observation). The ideal candidate is highly organized, is flexible and can work on a variety of project tasks, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, possesses mechanical aptitude, and is passionate about water.
Role & Responsibilities
- Supporting wide range of wastewater treatment (e.g. using natural systems) and integrated water strategy projects.
- Supporting site-specific concept designs through construction documents.
- Water budget modeling.
- Preparing specifications and cost estimates.
- Conducting field installations and observations.
- Supporting stormwater management and green infrastructure design and retrofit projects.
- Support for other technical project tasks.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD for the development of design plans
- Utilization of Civil3D, GIS software and other environmental/hydrology software.
- Sizing and specifying pumps, meters, piping systems, instrumentation, controls, etc.
- Design coordination between CAD/production staff and design engineer(s).
- Construction administration and construction observation activities.
- Cost estimating.
- Experience with completing design and construction documents, including plans and specifications.
- Wastewater process engineering.
- Technical writing experience.
- B.S. or M.S. in Environmental, Civil, Mechanical, Agricultural, Water Resource or related engineering.
- Technical training in Computer-Aided 2D and 3D design.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or ability to obtain.
Years of Experience
1-3 years experience with engineering services (some field experience strongly preferred)
$60,000 - $68,000
Biohabitats is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a purpose-driven, performance oriented, and values led organization. We are a certified B-Corp, meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. To ensure that you will thrive at Biohabitats, we highly encourage you to review our Mission, Values, and Approach before applying. We provide outstanding benefits. Click on 'Learn about our benefits' on our Careers page to find out more.
Biohabitats is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled