YMCA of greater spartanburg
Job Title: Program Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Full Time Hourly)
Reports to:Senior Program Director
Salary Range: $9.00-12.00/hr
Under the direction of the Senior Program Director, the Program Coordinator assists with the planning, marketing, managing, and implementation of the program for youth and adults. This position will also assist with the mulitple departments, and special events.
- Manages and implements a structured program for youth and adults and physical education classes for youth.
- Assists and assumes a leadership role in implementing programs and schedules.
- Ensures the reliability and safety of all program sites.
- Hires, trains, supervises and coaches staff and volunteers in programs, and physical education related program areas. Models relationship building skills in all interactions.
- Maintains consistent continuing and accurate communication with Senior Program Director and member services staff concerning program issues, supplies, schedule changes, staffing, participant concerns and other pertinent information.
- Maintains effective and timely communication with staff and parents regarding program news, changes and other necessary information. Maintain hotline and web site information, keeping them up to date and accurate.
- Assists with recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating all staff and volunteers.
- Works effectively with community organizations to collaborate in the delivery of YMCA programs.
- Assists with developing and submitting periodic program promotion material for branch marketing efforts to include: newspaper articles, promotional brochures, flyers and PSA’s.
- Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position with the guidance of the Senior Program Director. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected.
- Provides staff leadership for annual fund raising campaign and committees as assigned.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings.
- Any other duties assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
- Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
- Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
- Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
- Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Highschool diploma or higher degree preferred.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience with ymca programming/activities, including program development and planning. YMCA experience preferred. At least 1-3 years in supervising staff.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children’s activities.
It is our goal to grow YMCA programs and in turn further develop each staff person’s relationship with the YMCA. While remaining financially reliable, it is our goal to achieve an additional $20,000 in programming revenue.