INTERNAL MEDICINE CLINIC OF TANGIPAHOA, LLC
Certified Medical Assistant
☐ Temporary ☐ Full-Time ☐ Part-Time
☐ Non-Exempt ☐ Exempt
January, 1st 2018
Works under the direction of physicians or nurse practitioners. Assists in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care. Performs nursing procedures and patient care task. Cooperates with the member of the clinical team and other departments of the medical practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Use of proper medical terminology when communication and documenting.
- Triages patients, checks vital signs and weight, and accurately documents in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Performs EKG’s, blood sugar check, and administers injections using safety devices.
- Properly reconciles and refills medications, documenting lot numbers and completing refill request electronically.
- Prompt, concise, accurate and complete, communicating, and documenting questions, answers and test results electronically and verbally.
- Accurately ordering and scheduling test and procedures electronically and on paper.
- Professionally and accurately explain test procedures as well as internal protocols and procedures relating to patient care.
- Communicates frequently with the physician or nurse practitioner regarding the patient’s physical and mental conditions.
- Actively participate in and properly record quality care measure requirements.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Participates in general, clinical safety and emergency care.
- Floats a requested by physician or management.
- Assist in orienting and training of new personnel when requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School graduate preferred.
Computer skills required
Successful completion of a Certified Medical Assistant course required.
Previous clinic or hospital experience with acceptable references preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Ability to lift 40 pounds
Ability to communicate to individuals of all ages
Lifting, positioning, pushing and assisting the patient
Reaching, stooping, bending and kneeling
Fast-paced and ability to work under stressful situations.
Moderate to load working environment