Orion Engineers & Associates (Orion) is a professional engineering firm founded to primarily serve the aviation market with airport engineering services in the US and Pacific. Our technical staff have over 100 years of experience in airport engineering, design, and construction management at commercial and general aviation airports. Our firms’ expertise and strength is in the planning, design, and construction management of airfield projects to include; rehabilitations, new construction, and safety related features in the complex airfield environments.
Orion invites you to join our growing firm! Orion’s values are centered around their employees and recognize that the employees are the most important asset of a successful company. This is a unique opportunity to learn from leading national experts in the airfield engineering industry, as well as, work with a diverse group of people that are passionate about engineering and motivated by working with teams that focus on providing exceptional service to our clients and our communities.
The successful candidate will provide airfield engineering services related to planning, assessments, design, project management, and construction management of airport related infrastructure. The candidate will work with Senior Airport Engineers and Project Managers in preparing engineering plans and documents and providing assistance during Construction Administration and Management. The position is ideal for an individual who is interested in maintaining a technical career track. The Airport Engineer will report directly to Project Managers, Principals-in-Charge, Office Managers, and/or Managing Principals.
The position requires domestic and international travel for project related meetings during design and construction. The position will also require project site visits during construction, assistance with Construction Administration and Management, and elements specific to Construction Inspection and Reporting. All employees are responsible for actively participating in the Orion Health and Safety Plan and the Quality Management Plan. All employees are responsible for recording their hours daily and submitting their timesheets and expense reports weekly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or other related engineering degree applicable to design and/or construction of Airport Infrastructure.
- 5 to 10 years post graduate experience in Civil Engineering.
- 3+ years post graduate experience in Airport Engineering.
- Candidate must have FAA Experience.
- Must be able to pass TSA Security Screening and Background Check for working at commercial airports.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering with the ability obtain licensure in other states.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in writing reports and technical communications and client communications.
- Must be extremely well-organized and have the ability to manage and prioritize numerous tasks to ensure a commitment to project delivery, client service, and quality management.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be able to travel on a frequent basis.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Primary place of business will be within a formal office space in Seattle, WA.
- Travel to project sites and Orion business offices in Los Angeles, CA and Honolulu, HI.
- Field work in an airport and/or construction environment that requires varying work schedules including night work.
- Submit a Cover Letter referencing this Job Advertisement, along with resume highlighting Project Experience (relevant Airport Projects only) in one single document.
- Selected applicants will be contacted and scheduled for an initial phone interview.
- Short listed applicants may be contacted and scheduled for an in-person interview.
- Short listed applicant’s references may be contacted for verification of submitted work application and Project Experience.
Orion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment opportunities are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.