Scientist.com is the world’s largest AI-powered marketplace for medical research. We take innovative marketing approaches to promote our platform to potential clients and suppliers, as well as providing systems for suppliers to showcase their solutions within the marketplace. This is where you come in:
This role requires an individual with a life-science background or education who is interested in data management.
We are seeking a detail-oriented leader with a desire to build their skill set in managing product content and digital assets in an online catalog with 10s of 1000s of products used in pharmaceutical and biotech R&D.
The candidate will have a life-science background and a wish to expand their e-commerce and data management to guide products through their entire life cycle. The cycle includes initial discovery, multi-system entry, listing management, and configurations on our website. This role will report to the Senior VP of Customers and import data for online product catalogs, data processing to upload and render those catalogs, and ongoing catalog maintenance.
This paid internship focuses on enabling the intern to advance their professional preparation through real-life work experience. This is not a remote position.
What you'll be doing...
- Creation and maintenance of products on a secure portal including product descriptions, technical data, features, imagery, and other attributes
- Execute SKU governance process
- Collect third-party processors SKU product information (images, description). Drive for consistency & simplicity across brands & formats
- New supplier outreach and ongoing supplier relations
- Obtain product catalogs from new suppliers
- Create and maintain product master data to feed into different channels (one catalog may have tens of thousands of items)
- Render catalogs for optimal customer view and search
- Maintain inventory status
- Identify and evaluate external sources and technologies which assist in the collection of product and industry information
- Work with suppliers to ensure timely processing of new products
- Work with suppliers to ensure everyday pricing architecture is accurately displayed on e-commerce site and troubleshoot accordingly
- Troubleshoot issues and monitor product listings
What you can expect to take away...
- A more developed sense of business acumen and how to address the varied needs of colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Relationship management skills and strategies to build trust
- Development of key tools and software used in all industries
- Building professional relationships and mentors across the leadership continuum
- Real-life work experiences that can provide you with confidence as you consider your next professional step
Qualifications you need...
- Undergrad majoring in a life-science field
- eCommerce experience managing product content and digital assets
- Lab science knowledge preferred, plus a proactive willingness to learn more about the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with Product Information Management and/or Content Management
- Quick learner, able to manage the catalogs with little supervision
- Able to automate the routine portion of the job
- Strong troubleshooting skills including reading knowledge bases, reviewing guides, checking forums, reading FAQs, and opening cases or calling support
- Strong analytical skills and experience making fact-based decisions with data
- Strong data skills within Excel, Tableau or Power BI experience a plus
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and execute multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent team, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Must be able to work in our Solana Beach, CA office - this is not a remote position
Details & Perks…
- Available 20 hours per week Monday-Friday, with schedule flexibility
- Position is open now for immediate start
- Dynamic, hot-desk office with a great employee community
- Named as one of Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces in both 2018 & 2019
- Kombucha, cold brew, foosball, and company surfboards
- Company sponsored lunches and outings
Scientist.com is the world’s largest marketplace for medical research. We help pharmaceutical scientists discover life-saving medicines in less time and at lower cost. Our mission is to make it possible to cure all human disease by 2050.
By connecting scientists and enabling them to exchange ideas and transact seamlessly online, Scientist.com is speeding up and reducing the cost of medical research. We were founded in 2007, launched our first research outsourcing marketplace in 2008 and built our first enterprise marketplace for Pfizer in 2009. Today, we operate enterprise marketplaces for 25 of the world’s top 30 pharmaceutical companies, 80 biotechnology companies and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Named as Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces 2018 & 2019 and 9th Fastest Growing Company in the U.S. 2018, we are seeking talented, creative, and hard-working individuals who want to transform how research is done and help speed the discovery of new cures in oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, and thousands of other common and rare diseases.