Job Summary – This position requires a working knowledge of purchasing polices, processes and procedures. Complete knowledge of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures. Extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements. The functions of a Purchasing Agent will be performed under limited supervision in a timely manner and with acceptable quality.
- Review, generate and authorize supply purchase orders within assigned limits
- Assist with preparing formal bid documents
- Ensure materials are in compliance with all Federal and State procurement regulations
- Inform staff and vendors of procedural requirements (ordering, purchasing, available funds, etc.)
- Maintain purchasing documents for ease of accessibility
- Work with the accounting department to process invoices
- Respond to inquiries regarding purchasing documents and bids
- Perform general clerical functions
- Process financial data and documents to support purchasing operation per guidelines
- Source products, place orders and conduct necessary follow-up
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent commitment, innovation, judgment and leadership skills
- Mathematical ability: addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division.
- Computer skills to manage and process data for use by self and others using SAP, word processing and spreadsheet software programs; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker and problem solver
- Ability to use office machines such as a computer, scanner, calculator, typewriter, fax, photocopier and credit card machine.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written means.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively and respectfully with others.
- Strong troubleshooting and decision making skills
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or GED; Minimum 2-5 years purchasing related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above mentioned tasks.
Reading reports and invoices, use computer, and work with various office equipment. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time. Light lifting of up to 25 pounds.
Work is typically performed in an office environment.