Customer service representative in the fitness area. Assist members as they exercise or participate in other Wellness activities. Explain how equipment operates and the benefits of exercise forms (free weights, plate loaded stations, treadmills, ellipticals, bicycles, and group exercise classes). Ensure that fitness area is presentable throughout the day â€“ straighten, organize, tidy, clean, sanitize.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have achieved a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have current Adult CPR, AED and First Aid certifications, or complete within first 60 days of employment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be professional and polite at all times.
- Must accept and demonstrate the YMCA values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Must have visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with exercise equipment and physical education principles.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ensure that members are using the machines correctly while they exercise.
- Ensure that membersâ€™ activity allows others to exercise in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Help members complete Ready, Set, Move! if they are enrolled.
YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled