Reports to: Store Manager
Full Time Schedule: Monday – Saturday 9:00 am – 05:00 pm
(Scheduled 5 out of 6 days with extended workdays in busy season)
· Competitive Wages
· Group Health Insurance
· Life Insurance
· AD&D Insurance
· Optional Vision & Dental Insurance
· Vacation Days
· Personal Time Off
· Holiday Pay
· Pre-Tax Retirement Program with Employer Match
· Team Member Discounts
Who We Are:
B-Sew Inn is a family-owned sales organization that has been serving sewing and creative enthusiasts for over 25 years. Together with our team, we operate a successful sewing machine and service business by delivering excellence and inspiration to our guests (customers). With five retail locations in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri, a Nationwide Education Sales Division based in Hawaii, an Events Sales Division, and our E-Commerce Divisions, we continue to experience healthy growth and financial stability. Our Distribution Center and Administration Offices, based in Oklahoma, provide sales support and infrastructure to enable our company to be prepared for future growth and expansion.
The Service Technician position is responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, and maintenance of all types of sewing machines, embroidery machines, long arms, sergers and related accessory equipment through excellent customer service while upholding B-Sew Inn’s core values. This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week including Saturdays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and a willingness to adhere to BSI’s culture, including finding a way to say “Yes.”
· Lift machines to workbench and dismantles machines and replaces or repairs broken or worn parts.
· Clean parts and machine.
· Start and observe machine in operation to test performance.
· Troubleshoot and analyze machine malfunctions and problems to determine causes of substandard operation. Perform necessary repairs and make improvements to prevent future problems.
· Initiates orders and maintains inventory of critical parts; Submit parts requests to Service Manager.
· Reassemble machines when complete.
· Maintaining current technical knowledge and continuously working to expand knowledge of recent technology and equipment through manufacturer training.
· Maintain record of work performed using Point of Sale system.
· Notify guest of repair status, explaining work performed.
· Ensure an elevated level of customer satisfaction by meeting customer needs in a courteous manner.
· Work directly with guests over the phone or in person to overcome technique-based issues versus technical issues.
· Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, solicit customer feedback to improve service, respond to requests for service and assistance in a prompt manner.
· Cleans work area, shelves, counters, tables, machines, tools, and equipment.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· 2 years' relevant experience and/or previous training required.
· 2-year technical degree or similar field preferred.
Skills and Requirements:
· Experience using precision measuring instruments, hand tools and power equipment.
· Ability to learn and apply new skills, requiring minimal supervision.
· Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens, gets clarification, and responds well to questions.
· Strong ability to read and interpret documents such as service manuals, parts catalogs, circuit diagrams, and operating & maintenance instructions.
· Ability to analyze and interpret data.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
· Strong mechanical aptitude, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to follow instructions, respond to management directly and takes responsibility for own actions.
· Strong organizational and planning skills.
· Familiarity with computer skills; willingness to learn Point of Sale Inventory Functions.
· Ability to lift 100lbs.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position is in a standard retail environment with desktop business equipment and telephone calls. The noise level is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and sit for extended periods of time and must constantly reach and feel with hands, arms, and fingers; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequent hearing and talking is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, and phones; keyboard typing is required. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and carry supplies and shipments up to 100lbs. Near vision must be used regularly when completing repairs. Hearing must be used regularly in the diagnosing of machine issues and adjustments. This role is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally exposed to vibration.