ELTANorthAmerica(ELTANA) is a global leader in the design, manufacture and support of innovative electronic systems for the United States government. ELTA NA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Program Lead System Engineer.
Active Security Clearance is required to qualify for this position.
The Program Lead System Engineer is responsible for the design, operability and maintenance of major air defense radar systems in support of a U.S. Government customer. This position will be the engineering lead on all technical aspects of the radar maintenance, as well as managing technical support teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of a team of +10 Field Service Representatives (FSRs) deployed in different locations (CONUS and OCONUS)
- Provide technical expertise in the analysis of radar performance to requirement of air defense radar systems
- Provide technical training, engineering briefs and status reports on the operations of the radar system and provide technical leadership on the ground installation site
- Support integration and testing, evaluate test results, investigate discrepancies, provide technical assessment of anomalies, and drive issues to resolution
- Conduct system verification and support certification activities
- Represent the company on contracts and interface with internal and external customers, program and senior leadership, and multidisciplinary engineering teams on significant technical matters
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior level engineers
- Provide engineering support to various team members (Program Management, Business Development, and Field Support Representatives)
- Support Business Development team in customer demonstrations, writing technical papers and proposals, etc.
- Work with Quality Assurance to verify conformance with company quality standard and processes and with ISO 9001 standards.
- 20-30% travel required; domestic and international
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a similar technical discipline
- 12+ years of relevant experience, 9+ years with a Master's Degree
- 2+ years of proven experience as a technical/engineering lead on a previous program
- Knowledge of practical and theoretical radar designs
- Professional, hands-on systems engineering and signal processing experience within radar, electronic warfare, COMMS, and/or SIGINT domains
- Must have expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; Strong analytical and statistical analysis capability;
- Must be able to perform critical analysis of technical data with the goal of recommending corrective courses of action
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and proven communication skills
- Must have experience providing briefings and presentations to senior-level officials
- PMP certificate is highly desirable
- Current/Active DoD Secret Clearance is required
- Familiarity with design or systems engineering of Phased Array antennas
- Familiarity with air defense radar systems such as AN/MPQ-64 (Sentinel), AN/TPS-80 (GATOR), AN/MPQ-53 and 65 (Patriot), AN/TPQ-53 (QRCR)
- Strong MATLAB (or equivalent) skills
- Master's Degree including electives in radar signal processing
Candidates must have active security clearance.
ELTA North America is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled