Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
Information Systems Security Engineer / Cybersecurity Engineer
Netizen Corporation is actively hiring a mid-level cybersecurity professional to work as an Information Systems Security Engineer / Cybersecurity Engineer on our long-term contract with the Army in Orlando, FL. Successful candidates will possess an understanding of risk management and will be able to apply broad knowledge of cybersecurity engineering, systems engineering, networking, database, software, regulations, policy, and encryption to highly complex training systems. The ISSEs / CEs will work as members of a top-notch team of engineers, working directly with government civilians, military leadership, and other contractors in trusted roles. This role is partially remote and has the capability of being more than 50% remote.
· Conduct Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) audits.
· Apply functional knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, DoD Instruction 8500.01, NIST 800-53 rev4, other NIST Publications, and associated controls.
· Use IA tools including Nessus, ACAS, SCAP, STIG Checker, Vulnerator, Electronic Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
· Perform all steps of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, from categorization, control selection, implementation and analysis, authorization, and continuous monitoring.
· Perform all aspects of Systems Development Life Cycle, including contract review and development, change request, technical refresh, and testing and validation.
· Communicate complex technical and programmatic information both verbally and in writing (technical reports and briefings).
· Utilize knowledge of network devices and interconnections (routers, switches, IDS/IPS, firewalls, DNS).
· Identify and mitigate and/or remediate vulnerabilities or misconfigurations.
· Utilize knowledge of operating systems (Server, Windows, Linux, and VMware),
· Maintain and apply current knowledge of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends.
Experience / Skills:
· At least 3 years of DoD cybersecurity experience.
· At least 3 years of experience conducting NIST RMF assessments and security engineering support.
· Functional knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, NIST 800-53 rev4, and associated controls.
· Familiarity with networking, systems administration, and systems engineering practices and technologies.
Minimum Education Requirements:
· An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering-focused discipline is highly preferred.
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
· Must possess an Active DoD Secret security clearance.
Netizen Corporation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled