PRINT PRESS OPERATOR - 2nd and 3rd SHIFT OPENINGS
With over 50 years in the flexible packaging market, our team at LMI Packaging works to be your most trusted supplier and partner. We work with our customers in the spirit of â€œworking together, growing togetherâ€, recognizing that the more we support our relationships the more successful we all become. We are a 3rd generation, family-owned and operated a company that runs on four key pillars: community, courage, integrity, and service. Our benefit offerings are reflective of this unique blend of Life, Work, and Family. POSITION SUMMARY
The Print Press Operator will be responsible for setting up and maintaining a multi-color flexographic press using water based, UV and solvent inks. The press operator must manage all aspects of the press performance including productivity and quality and must also have a strong understanding of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures used at LMI Packaging Solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensure that product is printed according to specification.
- Pulls job tickets and verify that stock and inks are available and correct.
- Sets-up machine: installs aniloxes, inks, and stock and plate cylinders.
- Sets impression and registers to print.
- Completes in process inspections, follows work instructions and controls print quality.
- Closes out job by completely and accurately filling out paperwork and scanning in all labor and material usage.
- Maintains pH and viscosity for all inks during the production run.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Prior experience in packaging or food manufacturing a plus.
- Medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- Employee Savings Plan with employer match.
- Employee Profit Sharing/Bonus program.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Opportunity for community involvement.
- Family company, family culture.
- Safety shoe and glasses reimbursement.
- Generous referral and attendance bonus programs.