JOB SUMMARY: As a part of the customer-facing team, the Relationship Banker (RB) is the “face of FBT” for branch visitors and customers. The Relationship Banker position is an all-encompassing role which requires the associate to deliver high touch sales and service as well as process teller transactions for all customers. This may also include supervisory responsibilities. The RB is responsible for creating and maintaining a positive customer relationship by effectively communicating a clear understanding of the benefits and features of all FBT’s products and services. The RB will engage in consultative sales and service activities and contributes directly to the success of the branch by recognizing and uncovering opportunities. The time spent performing sales, service or supervisory tasks will be determined by the level and the needs of the branch which may vary by location
- Accurately processes customer transactions, balances drawer and or vault, and maintains safeguards against fraud or out of balance conditions
- Demonstrates product knowledge of all deposit and lending products & services with a level of proficiency for all depository products and a referral knowledge of products & services not offered directly by the RB.
- Balance and stock branch vault on a rotation basis while maintaining effective controls. Places orders and processes shipments in a timely manner under dual control assuring cash drawers are within cash limits.
- Is responsible for opening and providing maintenance for any type of depository account.
- Is capable of answering basic lending questions and processing or referring loan maintenance requests.
- Utilizes consultative sales skills including listening carefully to customer needs and probing for needed information with needs-based questioning. Is able to suggest products and services based upon information provided and is effective at closing the sale/cross-sale. Follows-through with the customer by phone, mail, and in-person visits to build and deepen the customer relationship.
- Confidently drive sales and sales initiatives through product knowledge and high-touch customer service delivery allowing them to achieve individual and team goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all digital products and channels and is capable of introducing them and assisting customers in enrollment, use, and best practice recommendations
- Maintains adherence to all operational, regulatory and security requirements; follows directives and procedures to achieve minimal losses.
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance criteria in regard to opening deposit accounts; adheres to operational and screening processes.
- Adheres to all bank and branch internal policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and models First Bank & Trust’s core values in support of the bank’s culture.
- May assist with administrative tasks related to Mortgage department
Additional job functions by RB level:
Relationship Banker I
- Upon completion of training and depending upon location size and volume, may have authority to sign official items up to $10,000 or as approved by Senior Management.
Relationship Banker II
- Authority to sign official items up to $50,000 or as approved by Senior Management
- May decision overdrafts up to a specified amount if required by the Manager and with appropriate approvals.
- Accepts and processes consumer loan applications in adherence to policy/regulations and/or refers applicants to a Branch Manager or Relationship Manager.
- Performs wire transfers up to $100,000 or as approved by Senior Manager.
Relationship Banker III
- Authority to sign official items up to $250,000 or as approved by Senior Management.
- May have authority to decision overdrafts up to a specified amount.
- Accepts and processes consumer loan applications in adherence to policy/regulations or refers applicants to a Branch Manager or Relationship Manager.
- Performs wire transfers up to $250,000 or as approved by Senior Manager
- • Depending upon the branch size volume, and staffing and in the absence of the Branch Manager, may have responsibility for daily operations of the branch to include; assuring policy, procedures, security measures, branch balancing, oversight of branch vault and teller drawers, assures that teller work and scanning is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for the recordkeeping as required under the Operations Procedures and audits performed as needed on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Responsible for the oversight of all account documentation to include deposit documents, NAICS codes, completion of CDD information in a timely manner
- Confers daily with Branch Manager or Branch Operations Officer on operational matters to include any backlog of outstanding new account documentation, bank losses, out of balance conditions, and any personnel or operational issues that need to be addressed
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
Relationship Banker I - 1-year previous cash handling and/or customer service
Relationship Banker II - Two previous years RB or equivalent experience
Relationship Banker III - Three years previous RB or equivalent experience
High School education/equivalent or higher
Excellent customer service skills; enjoys working with people
Excellent communication both written and verbal
Professional appearance and manner
Cash handling, sales, and customer service background
Energy, Drive, Ambition
Learns From Mistakes
Putting People at Ease
Gets Information, Making Sense of It; Identifies problems and finds solutions
Knowledge: Trade and Business
Maintains Clear Communication with Customer
Thorough knowledge of bank products and services
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment of Relationship Banker may be at a desk or behind a Teller line in plain view for immediate customer service. The environment can get noisy during paydays and holidays. All areas are air-conditioned and heated. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FIRST BANK & TRUST is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled