Who We Are:
Topiarius is a landscape design, build, and maintenance company. Since 2003, our mission has been to design, create, and maintain luxurious outdoor sanctuaries because we believe that people deserve to live beautifully outdoors. You can learn more about Topiarius at www.topiarius.com.You can learn more about Topiarius www.topiarius.com.
The Landscape Designer role is perfect for someone with a diverse range of skills who thrives on the challenges posed by Topiarius' intricate and sophisticated designs. This position requires in-depth knowledge of plants, hardscape, and carpentry, allowing for accurate estimates, stunning renderings, and comprehensive style guides. Attention to detail is crucial. Effective management of the creative process, adherence to timelines, and a commitment to exceptional quality designs are essential for delivering an unmatched client experience.
What You Will Do:
- Create amazing designs and supporting documents. You will assist the sales and design team creating innovative designs and concepts for residential and commercial clients. Perform site analysis in order to generate CAD drawings of landscape details. Provide artistic presentations of landscape plans. Assist in 3-D computer generated renderings of projects. Continue to update templates, layers and style guides.
- Help the overall team achieve their sales and profit goals. You will generate accurate estimates and contracts to calculate the cost of materials, labor, and equipment usage. Collaborate with staff during the design process to offer creative problem-solving solutions. Confidently suggest any resources and sub-contractors that can/could be used/should be utilized in project designs based on product availability. Assist staff in the bidding process by visiting job sites to take detailed accurate measurements and site photos. Efficiently and accurately use Topiarius estimating software (LMN).
- Support the In-Field Operations Team. You will generate construction drawings using AutoCAD software. Create project packet drawing sets for each sold contract that includes field verifications, field drawings and construction drawings, materials list and cut lists.
Who You Are:
You identify with our culture. Topiarius employees are expected to perform with honesty, integrity, and optimism. We enjoy our work and find it very satisfying and have a strong work ethic. We enjoy each otherâ€™s company and choose to work as a team and not as lone wolves. We take the details seriously; they are what allows us to stand apart from our competition. And follow through is in the fabric of all we do.
You aim for operational excellence. You are someone that doesnâ€™t just show up to â€œphoneâ€ in the day. You are mature and professional. You arrive with a smile. Your lists are clear, organized, and prioritized. You keep paperwork filed and easy to find. You remember details so more times than not you can answer questions without having to double-check. Deadlines are what makes your day turn and you excitedly meet them. You exude pride in all that you do but are humble enough to know when you need to ask for help.
You are curious and problem solve. We are a growing company and how a process worked last year may not be the same this year so figuring out how to optimize the change is exciting and invigorating to you. Yet, at the same time the routine and repetitive nature of creating estimates and construction drawings does not bore you; it is why you like this position.
You enjoy working with a team. You understand that as a landscape designer/estimator you oversee your assigned responsibilities. You also understand that you need to direct and help colleagues provide you with the information you need. While you have many skills, you understand that others do as well, and you can only benefit from learning from them when necessary.
- 2+ years of experience in landscape design / estimating.
- Higher education degree or equivalent.
- Proficient in Adobe programs, estimating software, AutoCAD, Sketchup, and Microsoft programs.
- Solid communication, verbally and written.
- Able to work well in an open office setting (within cubicles).
- Knowledge in residential design and construction.
- Demonstrates exceptional judgment, decision-making, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with generating, reading, and implementing architectural drawings and design/build construction sets.
- Personal vehicle with insurance or willingness to utilize public transportation.
Expected Activity and Movement:
- Regularly sits at desk and work with computer.
- Bends, stoops, and crouches on an occasional basis.
- Intermittently moves about to work.
- Commonly works in locations of height (i.e., roof decks, balconies).
- Drive own vehicle to client sites for measurements and photos.
Hours and Compensation:
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am â€“ 5 pm. This position is expected to be available during office hours and flexible for scheduling site evaluations and measuring throughout the week.
Annual Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 (commensurate with experience)
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Time
- Medical and dental insurance plans
- Vested with 3% of salary in Topiarius retirement plan. Available after 1 year of employment and 1,000 hours of work.
- Complimentary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company cell phone
- Continuing education opportunities
- Dog friendly office
Relocation fees are not offered for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Topiarius is a non-union shop. Final candidates may be required to undergo a background check. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisorâ€™s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Final candidates will be required to participate in a design and estimating exercise.
First, we highly encourage you to visit Topiariusâ€™ website (www.topiarius.com) to become familiar with our company.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply and be sure to include a portfolio of your work and cover letter. We will contact you if we are interested in scheduling an interview. Please refrain from phone calls.