Strong City Baltimore, Inc., is a nonprofit organization located in Baltimore City providing fiscal sponsorship to over 130 projects throughout Baltimore City. Under the supervision of the Accounts Payable Manager, the AP and Contracts Administrator will be responsible for Accounts Payable processing and managing a large volume of contracts for Strong City, Inc. and its initiatives. This includes contracts between Strong City and individual service providers, as well as between government and private entities and Strong City as service provider. Work activities will be implemented in alignment with the organization’s policies and procedures, vision, mission, goals and core values.
Accounts Payable Processing:
- Review payment requests for correct Vendor, Address, Invoice Number, Description and Date
- Verify all backup, including date of service, amount and tax compliance
- Verify expense coding per Strong City’s chart of accounts
- Verify compliance of payment requests with service provider contracts
- Communicate with community stakeholders regarding issues, questions, and resolutions associated with payment requests
- Assist in tracking weekly Accounts Payable process from receipt of request through to check to cut
Manage Contracts between Strong City and individual service providers:
- Maintain a database of all active contractual agreements between Strong City and service providers, including those affiliated with fiscally sponsored projects.
- Monitor and review the overall quality of new contracts prior to their execution, ensuring the uniformity of contracts to the extent possible
- Prior to execution, review and approve service provider contracts for specific expectations associated with compliance, insurance, etc.
- Ensure that contracts are managed appropriately according to the prescribed workflows.
- Complete review of payment requests in the Accounts Payable process associated with individual service provider contracts
- Manage backup requirements associated with contracts, as necessary
- Respond to contract management issues
Assist in the management of contracts between outside entities and Strong City as a service provider:
- Support the review and approval of contracts with outside entities for compliance, insurance, etc.
- Aid in the tracking of contract deliverables and compliance expectations (eg. City Schools contracts with background check requirements for all service providers), including handling monitoring requests and assisting with reporting
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable clerk on contracts and invoices for government grants
- Once familiar with the landscape of Strong City’s contracts and service agreements, assist in the development of a procurement/purchasing system
- Manage emergency credit card requests as a back up for the administrative department
- Support the development of systems to ensure that Strong City’s fiscal policies are enforced through procurement practices
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field preferred
- A full understanding of contracts workflows is necessary for success
- At least 3 years of experience with contracts
- Ability to manage a variety of complex contracts
- Strong skills in systems development and management
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding of procurement/purchasing
- Strong attention to detail; demonstrated negotiation problem-solving skills
- General understanding of Finance/Accounting methods and systems
- Robust skills in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability; Experience in a customer-service role helpful
Strong City Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.