The Human Resources Coordinator directly supports the Director in the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources function.
Coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs and is responsible for the daily administration of human resource functions including but not limited to HRIS and Payroll Data Entry, General Benefits Administration, Recruitment Coordination, Professional Development, and Performance Management Planning, Employee Relations and Staff Team-building Events.
Expected Hours of Work:
This position is generally expected to have work hours of 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Monday through Friday at our headquarters building. Occasional night and weekend work may be required as related to events and other business needs.
Travel is infrequent but may include travel to the US Lacrosse National Convention or off-site Professional Development Seminars and or Conferences.
Lacrosse experience is not required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Should you need an accommodation due to disability, please contact the Human Resources department.
· Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization compliance; stays current with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations as they relate to employment matters.
· Supports changes in organizations' employment policies and procedures and works with the Director to ensure proper compliance is followed.
· Manages USL recruiting process, including editing job descriptions, posting open positions, reviewing resumes, phones screens, setting up assessments, scheduling interviews, finalizing offer letters and managing background check process
· Coordinates or conducts onboarding and offboarding processes including coordination with IT, New Hire and Intern paperwork and initial training and scheduling, setting up all HRIS systems with new hire data; helps to oversee Buddy and Summer Intern Programs
· Along with the Director, recommends, plans, coordinates, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization including supervisory training
· Maintains the organization's human resource information system (data integrity and metric development) along with data entry, verifying employee time cards for payroll and maintaining all staff electronic files
· Assist with detailed tracking and making recommendations for annual human resources department budget; codes bills for benefits
· Occasional night/weekend work required to meet deadlines, attend management meetings as needed, and to assist at US Lacrosse events
· Special projects, HR administrative functions and other duties as assigned
Core Values & Competencies:
· We Influence – Written and Verbal Communication
· We Serve - Customer Focused
· We Create & Innovate - Creativity
· We Collaborate – Peer Relationships
· We are Humble & Honest – Integrity and Trust
· We Embrace Individuality – Diversity
· We Have Fun - Humor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- 2 to 5 years’ related human resource management experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional organization, prioritization, customer service, and leadership skills
- Ability to work and learn independently, take initiative and lead by serving our internal and external customers
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Must be able to handle multiple ongoing priorities, task, and events
- Acts as a role model within and outside the organization
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Education, Psychology or related field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· Human Resource certification strongly preferred; PHR and/or SHRM-CP; HR Management Certification
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled