Hello and thank you for your interest in The JDK Group! We are super excited to post this job opportunity as we love welcoming new members to our family!
The JDK Group Catering & Events is Central PAâ€™s premier custom catering and event-planning company where clients, and their special life moments, come first. We are looking to expand our daytime culinary prep team. This means washing, cutting, slicing, and dicing all the incredibly fresh and seasonal products we use on our events. It also means learning new skills and uses of food as well as following detailed recipes to some of our award winning sauces and garnishments. Although preferred, no kitchen experience is required for this role but moreso a love of food, desire to learn, ability to follow instructions, and work in a team setting as well as independently. The goal is to have a set daytime schedule for this position but we can certainly provide some flexibility with actual start and end times. We can offer up to 40 hours of prep most weeks but again, we can provide some flexibility with this.
Desired Qualities & Experience:
- Passionate about success and committed to such
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Willingness to learn new skills, be creative and provide input
- Catering and/or Restaurant Cooking Experience preferred
- Comfortable using kitchen equipment including knives, slicers, mixers, etc.
- Valid Driverâ€™s License
- Reliable transportation
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Up to $17/hour depending on experience