The Utility Operator essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Vacation relief when required.
- Assist with line changeovers at the packer.
- Assist with Lunch and breaks.
- Fill glue buckets
- Daily in-process cleaning around the perimeter of line and Pasteurizer discharge.
- Pulls caps/wraps needed for daily production.
- Return any dry materials not needed to the proper pallet in the proper bay and spot check daily to be sure everything is in the proper bay.
- Assist with hand-packing as needed.
- Assist with rework on labeler and packer as needed.
- Clean pasteurizer screens once each day.
- Empty down bottle baskets returning good bottles to the line and disposing of damaged bottles.
- Empty and rinse glass collection cans and empty dumpster when full.
- Take cardboard to the compactor and empty trash.
- Assist with end of shift cleaning in any area where needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 10-12 hours per day).
- Lifting heavy materials (up to 50 lb shoulder high).
- Constantly ducking under conveyors/equipment.
- Climbing ladder.
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing, some twisting, bending and stooping, scrubbing, sweeping, moving full trash containers, hoses, buckets, operating floor-cleaning machinery and climbing on and off forklift as needed.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc).
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled