Summary: The Child Care Worker is a competent, professional member of Miracle Hill Children’s Ministry. This individual is responsible for the direct care of children under Miracle Hill’s supervision. This individual is expected to serve as an advocate, authority and role model for the children within the household in order to provide a continuum of care for all residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To serve as the direct care worker for assigned cottage and help ensure the success of residents:
- Develop relationships with co-workers in order to provide “best practice” care for the youth in the household.
- Ensure the success of youth in care by utilizing available tools and training.
- Work with Director and Training Program Administrator to provide “best practice”
- care for the youth in the household.
- Set the spiritual climate in the cottage by personal example, giving special attention to personal soul-winning and discipleship.
- Work with the Director during the intake process of individual children.
- Enroll children in school and/or serve as a liaison between Homes for Life and the school.
- Keep paper and electronic client records in accordance with agency policy by utilizing the database.
- Monitor residents’ adjustment and progress in the home, and discuss in team meetings.
- Prepare monthly summaries.
- Attend court proceedings, school appointments, and IEPs with youth in care.
- Help coordinate and transport children to visitations, home visits, appointments and services from other agencies.
- Assist in the plan of care and reviews for all residents in care.
- Maintain general housekeeping standards within the household.
- Report and follow-up on maintenance needs within the household.
- Ensure security and safety for residents of the household.
- Report and follow-up on periodic replacement and inspections (fire ext. etc.).
Training and Development:
Work with the Training Administrator for implementation of Experiential Education, Recreation, Spiritual Development, and Life Skills
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or other equivalent background and experience with High School or GED.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.