Do you: Eat, sleep, breathe technology? Love refining your craft? Have a passion for new technology, frameworks, and architectures? Join the MPAY team! We are a fully remote team and have folks all over the US, building a great product. As an MPAY employee, you will work closely with highly dedicated and skilled software engineers, DevOps engineers, and operational teams in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact for businesses and individuals across the US while working remotely.
MPAY is a human capital management software company that provides services to employers across the US. Our flagship product, Payentry, is a cloud-based SaaS platform that delivers employer solutions to increase cash flow and efficiency, reduce risk, and give a competitive edge in hiring and retaining high-quality employees. Apply today to join our team and advance your career.
Work closely with product owners as part of a SCRUM team to develop a suite of web applications with an emphasis on usability and end-user feedback.
Work closely with Development and QA engineers to develop new code with built-in unit tests to facilitate Continuous Integration and regression testing.
Work in an agile cross-functional team to achieve superior results.
Present work during meetings and retrospectives.
How your talents will be engaged in this role
In this role you will work across a suite of flagship HCM web applications. This includes both maintenance of these products as well as new feature development.
Coding, unit tests, and integration tests will be a significant part of this work. You will also participate in team meetings and other company functions.
Insights about the features that you will develop will come primarily from close work with a product owner. Frequent updates on the product roadmap are shared with the entire team and any changes in priorities are communicated clearly.
Your coding work will take place on appropriate hardware with multiple screens to simplify the work slinging your code. Our products are cloud-based so you will expect to work from the repository of previously created code. Our releases take place quarterly or more often as needed. Most of our teams work from two week schedule scrum sprints.
One of our priorities is making sure that you have fun getting to know other people. Our engagement team puts together special events like trivia games, virtual office Olympics, and other social events.
What do you need to be a successful candidate?
• Computer Science degree or relevant work experience.
• Proven success working within an Agile framework (SCRUM preferred).
• History of building and supporting enterprise-quality web applications.
3+ years of experience with the following technologies in a professional environment
• 2+ years of experience with the following technologies in a professional environment
• Understanding of relational databases (MS SQL Server experience preferred).
• Experience with source control tools (GIT experience preferred).
• Expertise in defect tracking applications (e.g., Jira).
• Superior organization and prioritization skills while working on a deadline.
• Desire to learn and share knowledge with others - including excellent documentation skills.
What are the rewards for this work?
• Market Competitive Pay.
• A career (not just a job) at a growing company.
• A great team environment with opportunities to volunteer in the community.
• Partial company-paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your family.
• 100% company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability benefits.
• Student loan assistance program, up to 3% of the base salary.
• 401(k) with up to a 4% company match, immediate vesting of employee and employer contributions.
• Health Savings Accounts with company contributions.
• Immediate eligibility for generous paid time off package including all federal
Payentry and MPAY, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled