Information Systems Security Officer (Cybersecurity Engineer) - ACTIVE DOD SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Netizen Corporation is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer in the Orlando, FL area. This person will apply technical and functional expertise to perform on-site risk assessments and security engineering/advisory for DoD networks, information systems, and applications using standards such as DoD Directive 8510.01, DoD Instruction 8500.01, and NIST Publications. The ISSO (Engineer) will work as a member of a Team providing technical support to protect the DoD’s networks and information systems.
· Serve as an Assessment and Authorization (A&A) and Security Engineering (SE) Subject Matter Expert (SME) with proficiency in DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD IT, and affiliated NIST security controls.
· Function as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) advising federal and DoD clients on security protocols and compliance measures for a variety of systems.
· Assist with RMF assessments, including coordination, preparation, execution, and concluding documentation.
· Utilize DoD Information Assurance (IA) scanning tools and techniques (i.e., Nessus, SCAP, STIG Checker, etc.).
· Demonstrate knowledge of network devices and interconnections (i.e., routers, switches, IDS/IPS, firewalls, DNS).
· Demonstrate technical experience in identifying and mitigating and/or remediating vulnerabilities or misconfigurations.
· Perform system administration functions on various operating systems, including Linux, Unix, and networking devices.
· Communicate complex technical and programmatic information to a wide audience, often in the form of verbal and visual updates, technical reports, and/or briefings. Documentation, presentation, and public speaking skills are required.
· Apply understanding of cyber security concepts, practices, and tools to administer classified and unclassified DoD networks and information systems.
· Maintain on-going awareness of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends.
· Develop and maintain the necessary technical documentation and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
· At least 7 years of specialized DoD IT/cybersecurity experience.
· At least 4 years of experience conducting NIST RMF assessments and security engineering support.
· Functional knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, NIST 800-53 rev4, and associated controls.
· Knowledge of emerging cybersecurity threats and trends, including an ability to describe highly publicized cyber intrusions within the last year.
· Familiarity with networking, systems administration, and systems engineering practices and technologies.
· Familiarity with Electronic Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
· Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering-focused discipline is highly preferred.
· I AM Level III (CISSP certification)
· U.S. Citizenship is required.
· Must possess an ACTIVE DoD Secret security clearance. All reported clearances will be validated prior to making an offer of employment.
· Secret Clearance REQUIRED
Netizen Corporation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled