The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is looking for passionate health and fitness professionals to join our team!
Consistent with the Christian Mission and Vision of the YMCA of Greater Spartanburg, and in cooperation with our other YMCA branch staff, the Personal Trainer is responsible for serving members in the areas of health and fitness. This person will have the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully work one-on-one with clients desiring a program tailored to meet their specific needs.
- Provide personalized exercise programs for members and clients.
- Ensure exercise programs provide measurable results and that the client is satisfied with their training program.
- Perform projects/duties as assigned (Newsletters, Articles, Staff Trainings, Workshops, Health Education, etc.) by supervisor.
- Meet monthly sales and retention goals as set by supervisor.
- Obtain relevant CECâ€™s and keep certifications up to date
- Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of exercise modes and techniques
- Ensure proper administrative responsibilities are followed to document sessions with clients.
- Provide comprehensive fitness assessments for members and clients
- Arrives at the branch YMCA in a timely manner in order to clock or sign in and make necessary preparations to work with client
- Acts as an ambassador for the YMCA by connecting with members and the community
Education, Essential Skills & Experience
Â· Current CPT certification from either; ACSM, NSCA, ACE, ISSA or NASM
Â· Personal training experience (Preferred)
- Must hold a current CPR/AED, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention and BBP certification within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent member service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology, & physiology.
- Marketing and sales ability.
- Ability to perform under stress and reach deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Personal passion for health and fitness.
Starting wage is $20/hour
YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled