To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement.
Summary: This position’s primary responsibility is to maintain a safe and organized warehouse, assist drivers and customers with loading and unloading of goods and ensuring that all donated goods are rotated at processing stations to ensure efficient production. Donations must be properly recorded, sorted, priced, and staged for sale in a timely manner. Ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive donations from our valued donors and truck drivers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Track donations utilizing ThriftTrac and Corners of Your Field.
- Ensure that all donated goods are properly sorted, priced, and staged for sale in a timely manner.
- Maintain warehouse in a clean, organized, and safe manner. Clean bathrooms and spills as needed.
- Assist truck drivers and customers in the loading and unloading of donated goods.
- Prepare and rotate crates in and out of processing areas to ensure efficiency of production.
- Oversee and direct assigned guest/volunteer labor as needed.
- Perform other duties assigned by store managers and supervisors.
Core Attributes and Expectations:
- Display a Christ-centered life demonstrated by a willingness to show acceptance and serve others.
- Treat customers and co-workers in a kind, respectful, and professional manner.
- Work efficiently and manage time in order to meet production needs as well as other assigned tasks.
- Show motivation and ability to take initiative in daily tasks and operations.
- Exhibit good work habits in attendance and punctuality. Follow all safety guidelines.
- Show respect for the integrity of the work place through honesty and responsibility.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and an openness to new ideas and changes.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Community Service, Guest and Volunteer labor.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer-Focused: Provide exceptional customer service by promptly greeting and assisting donors in the loading and unloading of donated items.
- Organized: Maintain a highly organized warehouse and clean work space to assist in meeting all production requirements.
- Goal Oriented: Work with a sense of urgency, striving for efficiency that consistently meets production goals.
- Self-Motivated: Develop skills and abilities to become more proficient and efficient in reaching and exceeding daily production goals. Ability to test and repair electronics and furniture a plus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have the ability to work on one’s feet for an entire shift.
- Lift and move up to 100 pounds of donations on a regular basis. Reach to the bottom of Gaylord box.
- Manipulate tagging guns in a repetitive manner.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack and move larger loads with the jack.
- Ability to operate and move large loads with a pallet jack/forklift, following all safety standards.
- Be followers of the Lord Jesus Christ expressed through a personal profession of faith and Christian conduct.
- Agree without reservation with the Doctrinal Statement of the ministry.
- Since the church is God’s vehicle of spiritual accountability, it is important that employees be an active participant in and in good standing with a local Protestant Church. They must comply with the requirement of their church, in areas of conduct not addressed by Miracle Hill’s expected practices.
- Have a passion for evangelism and the spiritual welfare of all served by the ministry to include guests, volunteers, customers, contributors, and staff.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity commensurate with the requirements of your position.
- Christian conduct encompasses the biblical principles of humility, integrity and compassion to guide us to act professionally and ethically at all time. Miracle Hill Ministries understands that we have all fallen short in our past but the employees are expected to practice Christian conduct at Miracle Hill including:
- Abstain from the use of illegal drugs or the inappropriate use of medication.
- Abstain from activities or addictions that have a detrimental effect on guests or the reputation of the ministry. According to the teachings of Romans 14:13-23, we are to keep from becoming a stumbling block to those within the ministry who may be apt to addiction. It is important to exercise biblical discretion by restricting your freedom in public to include: use of addictive substances such as alcohol or tobacco, choice of literature, and the choice of entertainment. It is important to demonstrate sound judgment that is based on biblical principles that displays evidence of spiritual growth and maturity. (Titus 2:11-12).
- Relationships, particularly with the opposite sex, are above reproach.
- Live free of sexual sin (to include pornographic materials, homosexual conduct, and extra-marital relationships).
- Respect the sanctity of life from conception until death in God’s timing.