Summary / Purpose of Position: Oversight of the preparation of meals and supervision of all individuals who have task assignments in the kitchen and dining room area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Menu planning
- Schedule making
- Making certain that DHEC regulations are adhered to
- Developing kitchen and equipment maintenance and cleaning schedules
- When required, making meals or demonstrating/teaching proper cooking techniques
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- Coordinating food donations with local businesses and restaurants
- Maintaining proper channels of communication within as well as outside the program
- Sharing the good news of Jesus Christ, giving a personal testimony and praying with those served by the ministry
- Documenting meetings with those assigned to the kitchen/dining area in Jericho
- Working with Volunteer Engagement Specialist and individuals and groups who wish to volunteer in the kitchen to:
- Interview and orientate volunteers to the kitchen and DHEC requirements
- Ensure that volunteers are reliable and dependable
- Verify that menu options are appropriate and suitable
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts is preferred or HS education and equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of kitchen/restaurant experience
- Previous management experience preferred
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.