ELTA North America (ELTA NA) is a global leader in the design, manufacture and support of innovative electronic systems for the United States government. ELTA NA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Electromechanical Assembler.
Annapolis Junction, MD
ELTA North America is looking for a versatile and energetic Electro-mechanical Assembler to work in a fast paced, quality driven, and customer focused environment. Assembly duties include collection of materials and tools to perform machine assembly and quality control functions per defined procedures, drawings, schematics, and work instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in a production environment with ISO9001 and/or AS9100 standards and procedures
- Aligns, fits, and assembles component parts into completed units, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, and templates.
- Verifies dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to blueprint specifications, using instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauges.
- Reads and comprehends engineered drawings, diagrams and work instructions.
- Strictly adheres to ELTA North America ESD and FOD policies.
- Solders and de-solders electronic components on SMT PCBs.
- Works as an integral member of the Manufacturing Team collaborating with Operations Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Test Technicians, and Quality Engineers.
- High school diploma or general education degree and 3 years relevant industry experience/equivalent military experience.
- Versatile technical capabilities in electronics and mechanical assembly.
- Ability to effectively use various hand tools.
- Industry experience in a defense electronics /aerospace avionics manufacturer or military experience in related field is a plus.
- IPC certifications are an advantage, SMT Solder Under microscope IPC 610 class 3 and J-STD-001, touch up and repair processes.
- Knowledge of and ability to use MS Office, ERP/MRP programs such as Deltek Costpoint is a plus.
ELTA – NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates must document US citizenship.
ELTA North America is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled