Dat Jerk Caribbean Chargrill is always looking for enthusiastic personalities to join our team. Our Team Members are responsible for creating a superior customer experience by delivering our authentic cuisine with energy and effectiveness. If you are ready to sharpen your customer-service and teamwork skills, learn to prepare real fresh, made from scratch food, in a fun and inviting fast casual atmosphere, Dat Jerk could be the place for you.
Whether you have experience as a cashier, server, cook, prep cook, dishwasher, or no experience at all, this could be the opportunity to develop into future growth positions.
We offer full and part-time positions, depending on what your needs are. We believe highly in the philosophy of promoting from within and are looking for our next team leaders.
- Charged with creating and maintaining an exceptional guest experience, including but not limited to communicating with customers in a friendly and respectful manner; engaging in the restaurants upbeat atmosphere; building personalized meals fast, friendly and with personality; anticipating customers’ needs; and addressing customer questions and concerns.
- Adhere to and maintain operational standards and guidelines, including food quality and safety, individual team safety, cleanliness and sanitation
- Follow recipes accurately and maintain food preparation, process and proportions
- Properly use and operate equipment and utensils including but not limited to 3-compartment sink, stove, knives and thermometers
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Keep assigned areas clean and fully stocked with product/ supplies, including service lines, checkout out and expediting areas, dining room, drink stations, restrooms, and building exterior
- Clean, assemble, maintain, clean and store equipment for daily business (including correcting and reporting issues)
- Work alongside fellow team members, encompassing cashiers, servers, greeters, and expeditors to pitch in to help where needed and to meet daily goals
- Communicate with and treat others with dignity and respect at all times
- Call for product and/or communicate food orders to other team members, this may include setting the pace for the entire production line
- Check order accuracy, quality and presentation
- Appropriately mark, wrap, store and bag products for use/storage
- Consistently monitor and record food levels on the line
- Successfully complete applicable shift responsibilities and other duties as assigned by the manager on duty
- Periodically serve as a team trainer
- Correctly prepare and build meals according to Company recipes and standards
- Have a thorough knowledge of Dat Jerk’s menu and are able to make suggestions on which items complement one another
- Team Members working Cashier Roles:
- Correctly perform cash/credit card sales, refunds and discount transactions where applicable
- Accurately count back cash to customers aloud, as needed
- Reconcile receipts, discounts, disbursements, etc. prior to end of shift
- Complete and verify cash sheets before and after a shift
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Prior restaurant experience is a plus
- Exhibit good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Obtain MD Food Handler’s Certificate
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain energy and enthusiasm at all times
- Strong attention to detail; able to consistently follow directions, standards, and recipes
- Able to work in an environment that may contain dust, fumes and/or sanitation chemicals
- Able to multitask and be focused on getting the job done the right way, Always
- Able to stand for 8 plus hours and lift and carry at least 40 pounds
At Dat Jerk, we have multiple job titles for our entry level employees but all of our team members play the role of dishwasher, cashier, server, host, cook, prep cook, etc. Be prepared to learn a lot and work hard if you join our team.
DAT JERK CARIBBEAN CHARGRILL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.