Summary/Purpose of Position: The Independent Living Skills Coachworks to better the educational and transitional outcomes for young men under the care of Homes for Life. The Independent Living Skills Coach is responsible for enriching the independent living and educational services provided to the youth under the care of MH Homes for Life through life skills assessment & education, relationship building, educational involvement & guidance, and life coaching.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This Job Description may be updated in the future.
-Ensure all young men undergo Casey Life Skills Assessment and subsequent training
- Utilize Ansell Casey materials for Instruction.
- Organize and Create Lesson Plans and Individual Goals from Ansell Casey for each youth.
- Facilitate regular classes, groups or individual instruction in Life Skills.
- Facilitates activities for life skill classes and assist with supervision.
- Coordinate assistance from Program Staff and FGI “Life Support” Mentors for youth to meet individual goals.
- Track and Document classes, life skills/education goals, and hours taught.
-Independent Living Skills Coaching
- Develop and implement a Life Skills Curriculum.
- Implement job training/planning in the following areas:
1. Application Process
2. Interview Skills
3. Internship Opportunities
4. Local business partnerships
5. Communication with employers to ensure work standards are being met
- Money Management & Budgeting
1. Cost of living vs. income planning
2. Bank account
3. Transitional living arrangement assistance
- Act as an advocate in the school to ensure children/youth in care are receiving the necessary supports available through public education (IEP, 504 Plan)
- Ensure all requirements are met during the enrollment process
- Serve as a liaison between the school and house parents/youth mentors to ensure good communication regarding assignments, challenges, progress, etc.
1. Assess homework & study skills
2. Ensure youth have access to a Tutor in needed subject areas, test preparation, and projects
3. Assist with Gaps in Learning: Reading recovery, Basic Math, Writing, Spelling.
-Stay within the budget set for education/life skills (materials, activities, and direct incentives).
-Ensure compliance with related grant and/or donor funding requirements for the educational and life skills program.
-Share Good News of Jesus Christ with children we serve.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education or similar field is preferred. One year of experience in an educational and/or Life skills and/or Independent Living setting preferred. Thorough knowledge of public education systems and requirements is highly desirable and familiarity of Ansell-Casey is a plus.
License/Certification: None required. Education certificate desirable.
- Other: Will have a satisfactory criminal history and background check determination. (Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry check, Sex Offenders Registry check, Motor Vehicle Registration check, and a satisfactory determination or preliminary records check application.)
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.