On site financial leader for Charleston based Origin SC, a multi-divisional non-profit organization. The position will be an integral part of the executive management team and focus on financial processes and data integrity while providing proactive financial leadership.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a team leader with business sense and management skills. A background in accounting and auditing combined with business operations and management experience is a must. Origin’s lines of business include housing promotion and development, conservator and representative payee services, financial literacy education, real estate sales, and lending. We have a fast paced office environment with a dedicated team of professionals. Origin SC is a nonprofit organization helping individuals and families in South Carolina since 1888. This is a fulltime position in North Charleston.
- Participate as an integral member of the executive management team, including providing data-driven analysis, interpretations, and recommending corrective action to drive improvement and profitability.
- Participate in preparation and guide grant applications and program development
- Mentor and supervise activities and training of accounting staff
- Supervise and coordinate IT on system maintenance, upgrades and implementation to facilitate improved efficiencies and operational functions.
- Coordinate accounting and data capture activities with other departments in support of divisional day-to-day operations, budgets, and long-range plans.
- Supervise and implement daily accounting operations including the verifying of cash receipts, disbursements, A/R, A/P and reconciliations generated by the accounting staff
- Prepare monthly journal entries and financial statements and analysis
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual grant budgeting and reporting
- Provide financial analysis for projects, grants, and capital expenditures and new and ongoing lines of business
- Lead significant continuous improvement efforts related to quality improvement of accounting processes, general organization operations, and special projects.
- Respond in an appropriate and timely manner to the needs, concerns, and problems of staff, the accounting department, and of the organization.
- BA or BS in Accounting or MBA
- Minimum 7 years overall combined accounting and finance experience
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with generating and analyzing financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and reporting and analysis skills
- Must be highly proficient with the use of computers and software including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook. Experience with QuickBooks and Sales Force preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Grant management and governmental reporting a plus
- High level of attention to accuracy and detail
- Experience in accounting and operations for construction, hospitality, banking, and non- profit grant accounting a plus.
Starting salary $70,000 + depending in experience. Origin offers full benefits and is an equal opportunity employer