The Community Financial Coordinator is part of the wealth and asset-building component of Catalyst Miami’s Prosperity Campaign, reporting to the Sr. Director of Community Wealth. This position provides bi-lingual (English and Spanish) services dedicated to helping low to moderate income individuals and families change financial behavior, build assets and become financially stable. This position provides financial coaching for clients to help them achieve goals around the topics of credit score; tax preparation; budgeting; saving; utilization of quality financial services; asset development; and financial education. The position works closely with Catalyst Miami’s Prosperity Campaign team members and primarily serves the within the City of Miami. This is a fulltime position expected to work a minimum of 40 hours a week with evening and weekend hours as needed.
Financial Coaching Responsibilities
1. Serve as primary lead for financial coaching in City of Miami’s District 4. Provide one-on-one coaching to participants. Assist participants with goal setting, budgeting, credit building/rebuilding, debt management, savings, utilizing quality financial services, and asset development. Promote Catalyst Miami partner financial products and that help clients to achieve desired outcomes. Monitor participant progress toward financial goals. Follow up with participants on referrals when applicable.
2. Admin/data management: Maintain files and database for all participants including the intake form, credit report, coach’s appointment notes, analysis and financial plan.
3. Financial education classes/workshops: Develop and conduct financial education classes. Oversee participant performance at onsite financial education classes. Serves as a “subject matter expert” in the areas of financial coaching, budgeting, credit, savings, and debt management.
4. Resource development: Identify and refer participants to other resources and services needed to achieve their financial goal. Identify, cultivate, and maintain relationship with key community partners such as, local government, schools, churches, colleges, libraries, etc. Coordinate community events and meetings relating to financial outreach days at partner sites. Recruit, promote, train, and coordinate an appropriate team of volunteers to conduct various types of financial education workshops, training classes, and volunteer financial coaching.
General Financial Empowerment Responsibilities
1. Helps create positive linkages to other community programs, financial products and resources that assist residents with building financial capability and accessing mainstream financial products and services.
2. Builds strong partner relationships through community outreach/promotional efforts.
3. Maintains client information and data tracking into organization’s data management systems, SalesForce and TaxSlayer.
4. Assists in the collection of data, client stories, and photos for e-newsletter, grants and reports.
5. Performs necessary administrative, operational and professional development activities.
6. Supports program and organization communication by assisting in the development of Catalyst Miami website content; internal Team information; and, article and program information for the e-newsletter.
1. Adheres to all of the organization’s policies and procedures.
2. Performs other related work as required for program implementation.
3. Maintains office environment in an organized and functional manner.
4. Completes all other duties assigned by supervisor, Sr. Director, VP, or CEO.
5. Assists the team to implement performance review process including quarterly reviews.
6. Represents Catalyst Miami in the community.
7. Maintains professional personal appearance.
8. Travels locally or out of town for project activities as needed – reliable transportation required.
9. Supports the overall mission of Catalyst Miami.
10. Participates in trainings and attends frequent meetings.
• Ability to lift weights of up to 25 pounds
• Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
• Able to sit at desk for long periods of time and utilize computer for extended periods
• Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate project needs
• 2 year college degree required. 4 year or graduate degree preferred
• VITA Basic or Advanced Certification preferred
• Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC®) Certification or comparable designation preferred
• Minimum or 2 years of relevant job experience that aligns with the position’s programmatic areas of responsibility
• At the discretion of the hiring manager, a graduate degree in a relevant area may be substituted for up to 2 years of relevant job experience; and, additional relevant certifications and/or experience may be substituted for a 4-year college degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Demonstrates ability to interact effectively and confidently with individuals at all social and economic levels
• Good communication skills in English and Spanish, including verbal, written and public speaking; bi-lingual (Spanish required and Haitian Creole preferred)
• Strong computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Must be able to prepare timely and accurate records for project monitoring
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as being a self-starter who can work independently
• Strong attention to detail; ability multi-task and work within a deadline-driven environment
• Experience with or willingness to learn the organization’s database management system - SalesForce
• Possess and demonstrate cross-cultural competence
• Ability to embody the organization’s core values of leadership, collaboration, innovation, self-empowerment and compassion
• Ability to embrace the four strategies that underpin the organization’s work: communication, collaboration, constituent engagement and collective action
• Patience, initiative, humility, flexible, adaptive and positive in a constantly changing environment
• Detail-oriented, with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques to promote quality, efficiency and successful customer outcomes.
• Ability to identify internal weaknesses, identify solutions, and to adapt coaching methods and tools to create more effective organizational and client outcomes.
• Ability to sense when clients are overwhelmed and to break major objectives in manageable steps. Dedicated individual to engage/motivate/encourage customers and help them resolve financial challenges and accomplish goals.
• Creative, practical and strategic problem solving skills