ELTA North America (ELTA NA) is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and support of innovative electronic systems for the United States government. ELTA NA is seeking qualified applicants for two business development positions:
Director of Business Development (DHS & Force Protection Programs)
Director of Business Development (DoD)
ELTA North America is seeking two Directors of Business Development to identify, evaluate and lead the capture of new business opportunities for ELTA North America. One position will develop strategies to grow the business with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and adjacent U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Force Protection sectors. Example market areas include domestic border security, federal law enforcement, federal government agency, and U.S. DoD force protection, and integrated C4ISR systems. The other position will pursue business in the commercial and military sectors.
These positions will ensure business growth through directing and managing business development activities, marketing, and sales activities, bid and proposal development, customer relationship development, and planning and strategy for continual growth.
Successful candidates must have existing customer contact databases with demonstrated ability to sell into DOD, DHS, multiple government agencies and commercial markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish business development goals to ensure a share of market and profitability of products and/or services.
- Identify new business opportunities and present to management for the pursuit of bid decisions.
- Develop and execute marketing and business development plans and programs, both short and long range to ensure the profit growth and expansion of company products and/or services.
- Research, analyze and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity may be minimized.
- Develop and recommend pricing strategies for assigned programs and products which will result in the greatest share of the market over the long run.
- Attain annual booking objectives for assigned programs and products.
- Ensure effective control of marketing and business development results and that corrective action takes place to be certain that the achievement of marketing objectives is within designated budgets.
- Contribute to marketing efforts by producing and editing marketing materials and contacting industry partners directly or through social media.
- Candidates must document US citizenship as required to obtain a secret clearance.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and business development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required (B.A. or B.S. in a technical discipline) or equivalent from a four-year college or university or DoD equivalent institution, Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Familiarity with overall DHS and defense budgeting process and acquisition priorities, with a strong emphasis on U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- Experience with integrated surveillance system technologies (radar, camera, command, and control system).
- Must have strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Must have excellent planning and organization, project management and time management skills
- Access to relevant DHS and DoD facilities and program offices required, with demonstrated ability to sell in these markets.
- Office participation to support BD activities when required within the Greater DC Metro area
- International and Domestic Travel: 25-50%
ELTA – NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must document US citizenship as required to obtain a secret clearance.
ELTA North America is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled