JOB SUMMARY: The Mortgage Sales Manager maintains responsibility for the loan production of the Mortgage Loan Officers. Coordinates sales and business development under the supervision of the President. Recruits Mortgage Loan Officers in and out of the bank’s footprint. Works with the President to influence loan officers in taking complete applications, revenue growth, expense adherence, customer service, and improved efficiencies. Maintains accountability for selling and originating residential mortgage loans to sales goals. Takes residential mortgage loan applications and offers or negotiates terms of residential mortgage loans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Takes residential mortgage loan applications and communicates underwriting decisions, including offers and/or counter offers of residential mortgage products.
• Employee must maintain an active registration status with NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System).
• Responsible for profitable growth for designated team to meet or exceed established goals and objectives.
• Works directly with the President in managing all production elements of the business.
• Responsible for Performance Reviews, employee discipline, training, time off requests
• Actively recruits MLO’s.
• Takes residential mortgage loan applications AND offers or negotiates terms of residential mortgage loans for compensation or gain. Meets with Prospects identified directly as well as referred by realtors, developers, attorneys and other external and internal referral sources.
• Explains variety of mortgage products and services available and offers recommendations based on evaluation of individual prospect needs.
• Guides Customers through the mortgage application process. Explains information required and other aspects of the loan process to Customers.
• Ensures applications are completed accurately and contain required information and supporting documentation.
• Manages Customers’ expectations regarding processing times and closing dates.
• Sells and originates residential mortgage loans according to established policies and procedures and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines.
• Generates referrals for mortgage sales opportunities and sales of other Company business line products.
• Develops plan to achieve sales goals with assistance from sales management.
• Communicates regularly with Customers, underwriters, processors, realtors, closing agents and others to ensure application process proceeds as planned. Attends closings as needed.
• Ensures company maintains successful audits and exams within all areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• 2 Year Degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience in mortgage origination. 3 years management experience required
• Must have extensive mortgage industry & guideline knowledge.
• Excellent sales skills.
• Excellent communication oral & written skills.
• Excellent motivational skills.
• Keeps updated on all residential mortgages industry trends, products, etc.
• Must have competitive nature to stay motivated to exceed goals. Must be able to work in
Physical Demands- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 2.5 pounds. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment- The work environment is in an office due to the nature of the position. The general area is medium to low noise level. All areas are air-conditioned or heated. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FBT MORTGAGE is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled