**THIS IS A TEMP-TO-HIRE POSITION - INTENDED LENGTH OF AT LEAST 5 MONTHS**
Who we are:
Delkin Devices is a privately held company founded in 1986, with Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA and European Offices in Birmingham, England. Consistently recognized as one of San Diego County’s leading manufacturing companies, with sales and distribution channels across the world, the Delkin name is associated with paramount quality, professionalism, and innovation, serving both industrial and consumer markets worldwide.
What we are looking for in you:
Can you work in a fast-paced environment? Are you a high-energy worker, used to juggling multiple tasks at once? Do you have experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably electronics manufacturing?
About the role:
The Junior Sales Support Associate is primarily responsible for acting as a liaison between inside and outside sales representatives, customers and internal departments to ensure timely sales order processing. Under general supervision this role will perform a wide variety of specialized and complex administrative tasks in support of sales representatives and customer success including, but not limited to: keeping in contact with prospective clients throughout the sales process, follow-up calls to prospective clients to provide additional product information, overseeing successful order process, order research, gathering customer feedback and maintenance of the CRM, and managing customer escalations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Industrial Sales Representatives, Purchasing, Planning/Scheduling, Product Development, Shipping, Accounting, Quality, and other departments to support the Industrial Sales process, start to finish;
- Receive customer orders and gather financial information via phone, fax, and email and enter sales orders into ERP system accordingly;
- Post sales to customer account management of assigned territory;
- Prepare price quotes, terms of sales, delivery dates and service obligations to customers;
- Work with Operations via the ERP system and reports to determine order status and communicate with customers;
- Maintain accurate and current records within SalesForce of assigned client interactions, including details of complaints, comments, and actions taken;
- Maintain frequent and regular communications via phone and email with assigned accounts to develop lasting business relationships;
- Establish customer shipment criteria with individual accounts, monitor orders for adherence to internal/external criteria and facilitate releases for shipment with Operations and Accounting;
- Strategically work with the ERP and CRM systems to deliver monthly forecasts and closed sales metrics;
- First point of contact to respond to customers’ needs or inquiries;
- Generate forms for credits, return material authorizations, etc., and facilitate complex failure analysis progress to completion;
- Analyze and update weekly backlog report to assure accuracy with Company distributors;
- Act as an in-office counterpart for the inside sales representatives, with some carry-over for outside sales;
- Maintain product development database as needed via internal Intranet;
- Support Reception break schedule each day;
- Assist other departments with special projects as needed;
- Other duties as may be needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a sales support role in electronics sales and distribution, preferably in the manufacturing industry;
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office Suite required, MS 365 preferred;
- Working knowledge in MAS, Sage or another ERP system is required;
- Working knowledge in SalesForce or another CMR system is required;
- Detail oriented and highly organized;
- Ability to read and interpret documents;
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment;
- Limited physical effort is required;
- Must be able to regularly talk and hear, sit, stand, and walk, reach with hands and arms; regular use of computer keyboard and monitors is required; vision requirements are close for computer work.