Payentry offers human capital management services to employers across the US. Payentry is a cloud-based SaaS platform, providing employer solutions that increase cash flow and efficiency, reduce risk, and give a competitive edge in managing and retaining high-quality employees. Our mission is “Helping people get the most out of their workday” and providing the best systems and service for growing our clients' businesses. If you're ready to join us in that mission and advance your career, apply today to join the team!
About the role
MPAY is looking for a product owner to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the adoption, scaling and continuous improvement of multiple web applications and associated integrations. This is a “full-stack” product position and will require you to be able to work in an outward-facing capacity to define the work that needs to be done, and in an inward-facing capacity to write stories and help engineering get your features built and shipped. The ideal candidate will have experience working with customers and software engineers, a good understanding of how web applications are built, and a bias for action.
What will you do?
- Continuing to scale and improve Payentry payroll web application, and the accompanying employee self-service web application, My Payentry. These applications allow companies to enter payroll and administer employees, and allow employees to view their payroll and tax documents and update their personal information.
- Own the creation of software features from the whiteboard, to user story, to deployment.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to lead without direct authority.
- Maintaining customer relationships and providing an escalation point of contact for urgent operational issues.
- Providing product and/or project management for integrations with external vendors, including changes to associated web services.
- Leading special projects as the Payentry product expert.
- Working closely with marketing and technical writers to ensure that we publish accurate and complete information about our products.
What do you need?
- 3-5 years’ experience working with B2B web applications, and a deep understanding of various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle; preferably in a Product Owner, or Business Analyst role
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technology/development and business partners, and the ability to translate between these two constituencies
- Experience writing user stories and creating supporting documentation, such as UI mockups
- Excellent written communication skills and have excellent communication skills and client presence
- Experience working in a Scrum environment.
- Understanding of business process redesign concepts and process improvement techniques
- Exceptional organizational skills, analytical skills, strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Must be a team player and be able to build positive working relationships with team members and project managers that encourage open communication and a supportive team environment
- Prior experience in an HRIS, Payroll, Tax or consulting environment with a focus on business analysis within financial services
- BA or BS in a related field of study required
What do you gain?
- A career (not just a job) at a growing company
- A great team environment with opportunities to volunteer in the community
- 100% company-paid medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- 100% company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Student loan assistance program, up to 3% of base salary
- 401(k) with up to a 4% company match, immediate vesting of employee and employer contributions
- Health Savings Accounts with company contributions
- Immediate eligibility for generous paid time off package including all federal holidays