Looking for a FUN place to work?
Point Sebago Resort is always looking for energetic and enthusiastic people who are dedicated to providing our guests with the best vacation possible. Our wait staff helps to ensure our guests a wonderful experience by providing a fun and stress free dining experience.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with frequency.
- May require weekends.
- May require nights.
- Must be able to handle the ebb and flow of restaurant schedules.
- This is a seasonal position.
Description of Duties
- Depends on position. Positions available: Door Person, Barback, Cocktail Server, Bartender, Handyman, Host/Hostess, Wait Staff and Bussers, Bar Manager, Dishwasher.
- Door Person Duties: Greet guests entering restaurant; answer questions; be familiar with resort programs; keep entry area clean; supervise staff on duty.
- Barback Duties: stock all beer, fruit and juices; change kegs; get ice; replace cups, straws etc; pour beers for bartenders; assist bartenders as directed.
- Cocktail Server Duties: wash tables, chairs and windowsills; set up for happy hour; assign sections; prepare roll-ups, menus, napkins and plates; set up water pitchers; make popcorn and line buckets; know the days specials and prices; balance your bank; create checks for customers; greet customers and serve them with a positive attitude; clean tables through shift.
- Bartender Duties: clean all bar surfaces; unlock cabinets and set up liquor; count and maintain accurate cash drawer; check and assure accuracy of paper and liquor requisition and properly file; be sure theme decorations are up; program registers for the daily specials; post board; positively assist customers; assure accuracy of guest checks.
- Handyman Duties: sweep floors as necessary; make popcorn and serve to customers; bus tables as needed; keep front area clean; run food if needed; help staff as needed; keep children off of stages.
- Host/Hostess Duties: maintain reservations book; greet guests warmly; supervise the operation of the dining room during meal service and adjust seating as necessary; escort guests to their tables and provide menus; relay information as needed to staff to assure smooth service; check tables for proper presentation; check service tray stations for supply adequacy; monitors guest checks system; answers phones and directs calls to the appropriate place.
- Wait Staff and Busser Duties: must be courteous, welcoming and professional while assisting customers; must know menu and pricing in order to answer guest questions; responsible for assuring accuracy of checks and taking payment from guests; busser will make sure to clean and prepare table for next seating; assist staff with other responsibilities during slow times.
- Bar Manager Duties: interviews, hires, evaluate, reward and discipline bar personnel as appropriate; orients and trains bar personnel; establishes quality standards for all menu items; plans and prices beverages; schedules bar employees; controls beverage costs by establishing purchasing specifications, storeroom requisition, product storage requirements and waste control procedures.