Primary Function: Support, promote, and enhance the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the BGCGH with a focus on good character & citizenship. Ensure high-quality programming by creating systems and plans for clubs. Plan, evaluate, and oversee the implementation of priority Club programming. Responsible for outcomes management of a number of specific priority Club programs with a primary concern for ensuring impact and success.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Assist in prioritizing programs for focus and implementation at all or specific Clubs.
- Manage program objectives and ensure each is consistent with the organizational logic model, goals, and mission.
- Assist in developing meaningful measurements and targeted outcomes that provide opportunities for member achievement.
- Assist in creating and sustaining strategic relationships to further high-quality program development
- Manage the performance of assigned staff if applicable. Provide direction, support, and guidance on an ongoing basis to ensure high-quality programming.
Program Management and Implementation
- Manage organizational program goals; ensuring that Club staff understand and can also effectively communicate standards of the programs.
- Assist and lead on new program development (may include philanthropic or government-funded programs.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities for programs at the organizational level working with Club Directors and program staff as needed.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in the program areas/activities and develop methods for gathering constructive feedback to improve skills in program areas.
- Ensure the evaluation of programs on a continual basis.
- Educate and manage the Continuous Quality Improvement process for club staff.
- Manage systematic processes to monitor and assess programs on a regular basis.
- Identify and support training and development opportunities for staff and volunteers.
- Work with the internal (staff) program committee to enhance programs at all Clubs
- Support the concepting and cultivation of grant funding to support the program.
- Manage relationships with appropriate contacts and recommend and deploy actions, strategies, and initiatives to maximize the return on government grants
- Write and craft responses, reports, materials, and grant information as needed and assigned.
- Other grant management duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in managing programs and activity expenditures within approved budgets.
- Assist in managing proper record keeping and reporting of priority programs.
- Assist with collaborations with schools and other organizations to enhance the implementation of priority programs.
- Lead and establish key collaborative relationships in the community.
- Represent BGCGH on assigned committees and boards.
Internal: Maintains close contact with Club Directors and Program Directors to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools and others collaborations that support the operational efficiency of the BGCGH.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 5-year work experience in a non-profit agency operations management and supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs, and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of good business practices and administration.
- Demonstrated the ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment & retention of key personnel; facilities management, safety & security; and budget management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Any and all reasonable duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled