Summary: Acts as liaison between the customer and the resort by directing each department within the hotel as to their specific role in the on-site event. Successful achievement of this goal will ultimately result in a major contribution to the re-booking of group business for future dates. Maximizes revenue through effective up-selling of products and services.
1. Coordinate all aspects of conferences as assigned to include but not limited to: food and beverage requirements, special meal requests , timing of events, meeting room set ups, rooming lists, amenities, VIP’s, transportation, luggage storage, complimentary rooms, billing instructions, authorized signatures, room deliveries, telephone and internet requirements, box storage and delivery, power requirements, key requirements, expected food and beverage outlet usage, group hospitality/office/registration desk requirements, entertainment, leisure activities, décor requirements.
2. Create group resumes and banquet event orders outlining all group details, meet distribution deadlines and adhere to SOPs
3. Create upselling opportunities for all groups.
4. Ensure attrition, meeting room rental, food & beverage minimums are met/exceeded per group contract.
5. Ensure all hotel amenities and upgrades are presented and sold.
6. Conduct site planning visits as needed.
- Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings
8. Communicate last minute changes of all events to hotel staff and ensure operational follow-up is at standards.
9. Attend daily BEO meetings, to communicate any last minute changes and overall review of events, ensuring that other hotel departments understand their roles in executing scheduled events.
10. Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
11. Confirm that all events are posted correctly on the reader boards.
12. Meet weekly deadlines & perform other tasks as assigned
13. Ensure compliance with all federal and state gaming regulations.
1. College degree preferred
2. 1+ years of employment in related position
3. Requires basic knowledge of Conference Services/Hospitality practices
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Delphi experience preferred
6. Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
7. Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
8. Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time
9. Flexible work hours to include weekend and holidays in order to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
10. May need to assist in the physical movement of hotel or customer equipment or furnishings as necessary to complete a tight turn-around of function space.
11. Operate Microsoft Office including: word, excel, power point and outlook
Frequent walking, standing, sitting, hearing, talking. Some lifting may be required.
Valley Forge Casino Resort is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled